Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
It makes sense that they freeze the reveal night prototype. They can modify the others all day long and display them as work in progress. We expect some changes, but it is nice to have a solid baseline.
THAT'S NUMERO UNO!

One day it will probably end up in the Smithsonian!!!! 🤗

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Reports?

-Crissa
I mean, I think there is more than enough absolute claiming and speculation to go around... It's more of a pics or it didn't happen thing with Tesla news I think.

I heard people claim the one on the podium was the original that had newer gear fitted to it, that's clearly not the case as we see the entirely original prototype unit.

This claiming in absolutes thing is the birth place of misinformation. Probs should preface those claims as such I'd say.

As it stands and as the evidence actually shows, there was no OG prototype at Texas for Cyber Rodeo. Simply 2 different pre production models.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
As it stands and as the evidence actually shows, there was no OG prototype at Texas for Cyber Rodeo. Simply 2 different pre production models.
Photos before and after showed the original prototype there; the promotional video was the original prototype. And as you point out, it's clear the original still exists.

So just because I'm not going to wade through hours of reporting to find the 'oh and it was over in a corner' comments is just petty.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
3, at once?
There were at least 3 at the GigaTexas launch. I wasn't there but from videos I saw, there were at least 3. All 3 were in stationary positions that were clearly in 3 separate positions. Beyond that there may have been others too. But the 'others' I saw were in various states of moving around or stated to be before/after the launch so could have easily been one of the 3 in a different location at a different time.

And there were reports of 1 or more CT's up in Alaska at one point. Not sure if those were left up there for more testing or if they were brought back. If they are still up in AK then they would be additional count.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Photos before and after showed the original prototype there; the promotional video was the original prototype. And as you point out, it's clear the original still exists.

So just because I'm not going to wade through hours of reporting to find the 'oh and it was over in a corner' comments is just petty.

-Crissa
I think Sandy Monroe said they saw the original one but it might have been a different YouTuber. I defo saw a show that reported one at Giga Rodeo. But this is silly there is clearly the Original one and at least 2 of the new ones. The new ones have a different roof line , a different front end and mirrors and a baw.
There are also definitely 2 of the new ones. The one spotted at Fremont and also seen at the gigapack opening is a different truck than the one that is shown around. Clearly the Fremont one is being used to test stuff because it always has wires etc hanging out.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

-Crissa
I know someone personally on 4680 team, there was only ever 2 trucks at rodeo. The OG footage is from when it showed up a few years ago with burritos for workers and let them get in it. It's not been back. There wasn't 3 trucks.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
The OG Cybertruck was there at Cyber Rodeo along with the other 2 prototypes. This shot was taken the morning of the event.

Giga Texas - Morning of CyberRodeo
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck joins the Tesla autopilot team at CVRP Conference 1655960634181

Giga Texas - Around Late Summer / Early Fall 2021
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck joins the Tesla autopilot team at CVRP Conference 1655960835734

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
The OG one was not on public display so as not to put the two newer prototypes to shame 😉

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The OG Cybertruck was there at Cyber Rodeo along with the other 2 prototypes. This shot was taken the morning of the event.

Giga Texas - Morning of CyberRodeo
1655960634181.png

Giga Texas - Around Late Summer / Early Fall 2021
1655960835734.png
Nice shot, it's actually the evening of the day before the rodeo. You can tell it's evening by the sunlight on the west side of the building. Also, I saved this image of it from that evening before the rodeo.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck joins the Tesla autopilot team at CVRP Conference rodeo
Sponsored

Last edited: