Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
For the Model Y and the Model 3 similar lists worked pretty well. Tesla wasn’t flying through orders and the wait was only 12 months or so between pre-order and production. So the margin of error was fairly small. When they started production, they could see which orders were getting filled first and see that orders on the west coast were getting filled first, or orders with white interiors were getting filled one week.

The list will probably be interesting again once production starts and you can see trends, but at the moment production start is just paused and there is no truth to find.
Good perspective. I am not very tied to the list. I was interested for a little while but when the production date kept moving and the model types changed it all seemed like standing in sand. I do appreciate the work that went into it by some of our fellow ticket holders.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I will say that the order/reservation number not being model specific seems like a huge smoke and mirror game on the part of Tesla. I know it is not meant for the user and not really built for the benefit of the customer. The internal tracking reservation list, if it actually tracks every order, hats, can opener, model 3 and jacket as well as the Cybertruck seems to be laughable.
The reservation system is not smoke and mirrors, it's a practical method to ensure orderly deliveries roughly in order of when each reservation was actually placed.

In the case of different configurations that will come to market at different times, Tesla will likely give reservationists with different configurations reserved the option to upgrade or downgrade to whatever configuration is being manufactured at the time their number comes up.

I have no idea what you are babbling about when it comes to merchandise like hats and jackets.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
so how then is the tracker a smoke and mirror game by Tesla?
Not the issue as I see it. We are trying to bend something that is a mear glimpse of the magic going on behind the curtain and trying to get reliable information out of it. With all of the uncertainty in , I think it is nice to have something aspirational but has little confidence. As others have said , when production and more importantly deliveries start confirmations can help make this a lot more useful.

ςyb3®tЯμ¢kℓ|gh†n!ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger
Country flag
I don't know how accurate the tracker is and where the information came from but if I were given access to the data I could put together a form that lets you enter in your reservation number and it tells you your hypothetical place in line. But a reminder, subtract your number from 112744100 and you have your place in line.
Edit:
Subtract that number from your number. Also, your number could apparently include other models per @Crissa's comment below. Also their document already does this after you enter your reservation number in and apparently skips all of the other model types to give you a more accurate position in line.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don't know how accurate the tracker is and where the information came from but if I were given access to the data I could put together a form that lets you enter in your reservation number and it tells you your hypothetical place in line. But a reminder, subtract your number from 112744100 and you have your place in line.
That doesn't count all the other reservations - Model Y, solar, powerwall, Model S, Model X, Plaid, that have been made in the meanwhile.

Also, you mean subtract this number from your number, because I am not -62k in line.

-Crissa

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
" Subtract that number from your number. "

And for better results subtract it two times
:unsure:
I ordered the 2nd day of the Cybertruck presentation & if I follow the reservation number I have from the # 1 reservation holder to mine, I'm +- # 28,000!

ltp2568

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model s 2017
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
People,People, look at the list , if you are in between people from California, Spain,japan New England, it's not rocket science, when it's your turn Tesla will email you,

mje

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Internet Provider
Country flag
As far as I can tell - my Cybertruck is due about 16 months after production starts. It was going to be a tri-motor vehicle (I need the batteries for towing) - so a quad-motor is looking ideal. Elon has already added rear wheel steering (one of my suggestions) and I presume will add 800V (or so) charging as well (my other suggestion). It will be fun to see how close this ends up being though. I personally want a Right Hand Drive with a CCS2 charging port and only want 220(-240) Volt AC ports - I don't do 110VAC where I live. Probably means I'm being too optimistic - but who knows.

Woo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck reserved and two ICE vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I can understand the frustration a lot of people, who put down a deposit, are feeling.
It seems awfully generous to call the $100 a "deposit". Particularly if you define "deposit" as a "significant amount of money intended to convey commitment to buy a thing so the manufacturer of that thing doesn't face a total loss if you fail to follow through with the purchase". The $100 is just a token measure of interest, fully refundable and in no way approaches the level of any other significant item's purchase deposit.

I would agree with OP completely if we had to put down 20%. That's a lot of money, taken to help build the thing and I'd want the build completed well before now.

If we were required to put down 20%, I would feel much more frustrated, but spending a measly $100 that one can get back doesn't entitle anyone to anything other than getting that deposit back if they ask for it back. No entitlement means no frustration for me.

Before someone get's upset about me categorizing $100 as "measly".... In the context of a $40,000, $50,000, $70,000, or $90,000 vehicle a $100 "reservation" represents (at most) a 1/4 of one percent of the total value of the purchase. That's 0.25%. For the Quad-motor that could be as low as 1/10th of a percent, maybe less. And if someone is going to be contemplating purchasing this thing, I'd argue that it's probably unwise to do so if $100 is a life-impacting amount of money.

I'd also argue that this is less than 1/8th of a single share of Tesla stock. How important is 1/8th of a share to a company that has over a billion shares issued?

Not to dismiss completely OP's sentiment, yeah it sucks, I'd like to be driving it now, but it may be easier to take knowing that things are moving and they are going to take a long time and they don't (and can't afford to) care about any single "deposit".

Po’town

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT reserved
Occupation
School Counselor/
Country flag
I asked Elon, and he said "Where? Right here... Look... See, right here, that's where. Go ahead and look".

I was too scared to look down to see what he was doing. He knows he can do whatever he wants to us at this point.
The funniest thing I’ve seen on here in a while! Thank you for that!
Sponsored