Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Where in the heck are you getting your 700 delivered numbers from. Where ever it is, you need to ignore that site.
Sponsored

FrunkyTrucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X P100D
Country flag
As someone that was earlier in line, and offered a Cybertruck before you, your use of the word cancellation is wrong. I still have a spot in line I just choose to not accept what is currently being offered.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
People are putting way too much in these sequential order numbers and don't realize that Tesla has NEVER gone sequentially through a list of reservations/orders.

Even today, cars are made in batches, maybe red one week and maybe black the next. If they can fill up a truck to a delivery center, then they put the cars on it. The delivery center then sees the cars that they get, assigns the VINs and delivers the cars. Reassigning VINs if needed.

For the early Model 3s, like the Cybertruck, they opened up by waves, some states before others.

From a customer's viewpoint it often feels like a lottery. But this is reason behind the seemingly randomization.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don't think 700 have been delivered, but also... Not ordering the Foundation Series is not cancelling. The truck I pre-ordered isn't yet available to configure. So they'll move the offer to someone else.

People are putting way too much in these sequential order numbers and don't realize that Tesla has NEVER gone sequentially through a list of reservations/orders.
Tesla is clearly going down the list in a vaguely ordinal manner - but as you say, we can't know what other passes they're making in their waves of offers.

None of the earliest offers were to people with single-motor reservations, but clearly they're doing them now, as I got an offer. Etc.

-Crissa

Cam Salazar

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Your reservation number isn't a place in line. I'm a day 0 reservation holder and still no invite. There are folks 50,000 behind me and they've received invites (congrats!).

The Foundation Series allocations don't make sense so far, just seems very random and it may well be.
Same with me. Day zero reservation holder, and my friend who ordered his a couple days after me, received the invitation, we both live in San diego. Neither of us have owned tesla. Or tesla stock, or any of their solar products. Only dofference is that he ordered the dual motor, and I ordered the tri-motor. I'm disappointed about this unfairness with Tesla, but looking at it from a brighter side, the later I get mine, the better it will be assembled as they will have worked out kinks in the assembly line, no to mention, more available options for aftermarket goodies including wraps and wheels. And also, more time to save up for this!

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Same with me. Day zero reservation holder, and my friend who ordered his a couple days after me, received the invitation, we both live in San diego. Neither of us have owned tesla. Or tesla stock, or any of their solar products. Only dofference is that he ordered the dual motor, and I ordered the tri-motor. I'm disappointed about this unfairness with Tesla, but looking at it from a brighter side, the later I get mine, the better it will be assembled as they will have worked out kinks in the assembly line, no to mention, more available options for aftermarket goodies including wraps and wheels. And also, more time to save up for this!
When the Model 3 was first released, Tesla did give a preference to existing Tesla owners. I have no idea if that it being done today.

It appears as if Tesla may be spreading the Foundation Series around the country. While they gave CA and TX first dibs, those dibs may have been limited. As all the other states may be limited.

That's just some conjecture and proved nowhere.
I'm pretty sure that whatever you originally ordered isn't considered in the Foundation Series, or more specifically, wen you get an invite to configure, you don't have to configure what you reserved.

As can be expected, to everyone that hasn't gotten an invite to configure, it is unfair. But if you got an invite to configure today, would you pass on it because it is unfair?

I'm pretty sure that Tesla isn't singling out anyone (except for employees and a few VIPs ;)) It's just reality that they can't make enough vehicles.

I waited nearly a year after the first Model 3s got ordered but I ordered mine in person after waiting 3 hours in line. If definitely wasn't fair watching so many people in California get one before anyone outside the state did.

I forgot about that on the Friday before Memorial Day when I got the call. And picked up the next day.
Sponsored