Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
New car development cycle usually goes from a hand built concept to Alpha, Beta and then to the pilot production phase. Vehicle production usually begins after that. From what I have read the Cybertruck is in the Alpha prototype stage of development.

The new C8 mid engine Corvette was developed in secret using a disguise. GM used a stretched Holden Commodore Ute body over a C8 mid engine chassis.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! 11174396-48CD-4302-8906-2E3644AA5882
Sponsored

Last edited:

flamaest

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Did I miss it or does the front bumper have a hole for a winch to be installed?
I figured it out, those extensions on the front and back street bumpers are to install heavy duty bumpers in front and behind the vehicle. Here are examples of how they are connected using similar extensions on a jeep.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! Screenshot_20220411-201941_Chrome

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! 20220411_201551

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So does anyone know if THIS is the actual prototype or production model?
I know I replied already, but bumped into this video.

Electric Viking says he thinks this is the “Production” Cybertruck. I think what he means is this version has the final shape and most of the features the final will have. I don’t think his track record is great, but some people do.

In spite of saying it’s “Production”, he goes on to predict there will be a steering wheel and door handles which I highly doubt. He also seems to think the midgate is a lock which I’m not convinced of, but he has the YouTube Channel.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
A new car development cycle usually goes from a hand built concept to Alpha, Beta and then to the pilot production phase. Vehicle production usually begins after that. From what I have read the Cybertruck is in the Alpha prototype stage of development.

The new C8 mid engine Corvette was developed in secret using a disguise. GM used a stretched Holden Commodore Ute body over a C8 mid engine chassis.

11174396-48CD-4302-8906-2E3644AA5882.jpeg
OMG, I really like that. That looks like it would be super fun to drive, with storage space. The wing and roof could double as racks for my sailboard. Make an EV like that, and I'd be STOKED!!!!! :p

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I’m they only fan of the cyber wheel covers??
In MHO most factory wheels or hubcaps (yea I'm old enough to call them that) are as ugly as a blind date.
My CT will end up with Cragar S/S's on it.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Now that we all viewed the official Tesla Cybertruck reveal it leaves one big question on all reservation holders minds. Can I actually afford to purchase a Cybertruck. I expect official MSRP numbers and trim levels to be released in Q1 of 2023 and low volume production to start in Q3 of 2023.

We all know it going to be more expensive than the November, 2019 Tri Motor reveal price ($69,990).

I predict $89,900 for the 2023 AWD Quad Motor Cybertruck. The lower price point Dual Motor might arrive in 2024-2025.

But then Tesla might follow current Model X pricing for the Cybertruck;

“Pricing and options will be finalised as delivery approaches. You will be notified to complete your order when final pricing and options are published. Until then, your order will be considered a pre-order that you may cancel with a full refund.”

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! D503AD43-F18A-4921-AD80-2D721573F7CD

Last edited:

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
After being annoyed thinking about those attachment points:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! screen-shot-2022-04-07-at-7-13-47-pm-

I found these, called "outriggers for dynamic rollover testing"...

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! hqdefault

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! maxresdefault

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! 1650135587256

I'm guessing this CT's next destination is to the testing grounds.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! 84E45046-4811-4513-9451-5F38B6AB4712

Good riddance.

All that Ass-dragging tow-stuff can locate in the license-gap built into the rear bumper. That’ll put it where it belongs, up out of the way and engineered so as not to compromise departure angle.

Cybertruck gains a coup that OEM’s can’t match its Hat Trick.
Sponsored