Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
LANL
Country flag
What are the odds Tesla increases the$79k AWD, and FSD by 2025.. aka, when the foundation orders are completed? Would that possibility make the 99k foundation an even better value now?
Conversely… wait for the original reservation, try to get the tax credit, and hope Tesla honors the $7,500 FSD.. where should us early reservation holders place our odds to get the best bang for the Cybertruck buck ;)
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
From Tesla's history, I suspect the Cybertruck is priced high and will eventually reduce in price over the next couple years.

As for FSD, that will probably go up. I expect FSD price to go up when version 12 improvements are out to the average person and can show even half as much improvements as what people are expecting.

Will the increase in FSD make the foundation a better deal than a regular non-foundation Cybertruck...it's impossible to know. It might be better if you also want every other extra that comes with the foundation series. But if you don't want all those things, or at least value them for their price tags, then I would expect it would still be a better financial decision to wait for a regular Cybertruck. FSD would have to jump up $8000 and Tesla would have to also not honor the FSD price for people who reserved years ago to make it the same price.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
What are the odds Tesla increases the$79k AWD, and FSD by 2025.. aka, when the foundation orders are completed? Would that possibility make the 99k foundation an even better value now?
Conversely… wait for the original reservation, try to get the tax credit, and hope Tesla honors the $7,500 FSD.. where should us early reservation holders place our odds to get the best bang for the Cybertruck buck ;)
I think it’s impossible to tell right now where the price point goes. If the truck is a hit and demand stays the same or increases, what incentive does Tesla have in reducing the price?
If it’s “meh” and the demand wanes, then we’ll probably see a price decrease.
Personally, I’m happy with my decision to grab a FS AWD. I think it’ll be fun! I’m excited to drive it. That being said, if I overpay and take a financially kick in the junk, so be it…

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
It’s all about supply and demand. Prices won’t drop until demand tapers off.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Tesla put billions into building the line, factory specifically for the Cybertruck. Between the presses and specialized tooling for the CT, they can’t afford to drop prices until production is up, yet they can’t afford to let the line sit idle.

So it’s a fine line to walk. Make the money while people are willing to pay for it and then sell to the masses when the price drops. Of course the federal rebate will play a big role as a reason to keep the prices at this threshold. Loose the federal rebate and the demand will drop unless the price drops too.

Of course had the original 39k, 49k, and 69k price be honored, now that Rivean , Ford ,Gm and soon to be Dodge are in the game, it could have taken those companies out of the truck market, or forced them to compete. Tesla did the opposite, they raised their numbers to those numbers of trucks already out there.

I see Tesla dropping their price when the line gets up to speed and Elon wants to crush the competition. Sure he’ll sacrifice profits for volume, but in the end Tesla will have the sales to build out the Model 2, Roadster, Semi, and whatever else is up his sleeve. Hopefully a more traditional work van.

In the mean time my, $100. Deposit sits right next to my Cowboy hat I bought for the show.

Rick

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck price increases 20231130_152857

Last edited:

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Tesla sold 68 k Ms and Mx last year or 4% of total production. Although one could argue that both these models are old (both have had updates) and the CT is completely new, it still gives a rough idea of the demand for an 80-100+ K EV.

IMO tesla will not sell a meaningful amount of CTs until they lower the price and increase the utility (range, towing capacity) of the CT.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
I think the demand for the $60k vehicle will be substantial and those RWD sales will keep CT momentum going for a while. I'm more familiar with the Lightning, but they can't keep the Pro ($50k) and XLT ($60k) trims on the lot, while the Platinum ($90k) is getting big rebates. There's very few buyers at $100k, but at $60k - tax incentive there's a lot of people who can afford the CT.

The question then becomes, what has a better margin for Tesla, a $60k RWD or a $70k AWD CT? A similar $10k reduction brings the Beast price down to parity with the comparable Plaid models. There's no doubt in my mind that's where prices get eventually, but when? Maybe 2026? That timing would be in line with pricing reductions seen on other Tesla models.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Tesla probably won't even think about adjusting price until well after they make money on the Cybertruck. Right now, and for the foreseeable future, they are losing money on each Cybertruck sold. The parts and pieces cost a lot more than the finished product.

Same has happened with all their vehicles.

After they are in production for a while, they've tweaked all of the parts and pieces, as well as made a few hundred thousand of each, then they will actually be able to adjust pricing.

Oh, FSD is a different animal. Elon has said that the closer it gets to prime time, the more expensive it will get, since it basically gives you another vehicle.

AWD Foundation truck is basically a "fully equipped with options" vehicle. You will be able to match the price by ordering the items included in it.

All Tesla is doing with Foundation is offering it a little early to folks who ordered the Cybertruck on the first night and want basically everything that they have to offer for each trim of the truck. That gets them a little more money, but more specifically it makes it much easier to ramp production.

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I have a strong feeling that the RWD will appear for a short time and be replaced with a standard range AWD for 60K USD, a new long-range improved AWD, and perhaps Quad Motor will appear to take the place of the higher price tier.

The price might not drop much on face value, but they will probably be offering more Truck for the same price.

The ultimate goal is to get to the launch pricing, and judging from the design of the truck, it does not look expensive once it is up to scale.
Sponsored