Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
With the first “retail” (Non-Employee/Non-VIP) customers potentially gearing up for delivery of Foundation Series trucks, I’m interested in everyone’s speculative timelines, thoughts, and/or insights for the remaining phases of production release. I've not followed Tesla launches in the past (though I have read some of bits and pieces of what has been shared here) so this is all new to me.

2019/11/21 - Cybertruck Unveiled
2023/11/30 - Cybertruck Delivery Event (First 30+/- delivered)
2023/12/8 - Foundation Series Order Invites Sent to Retail Customers in Select Locations (CA/TX)
2023/12/?? - First Retail Foundation Delivery
202?/?/? - First MSRP/Retail Order Configuration Invites
2024/?/? - First MSRP/Retail Deliveries

Topics of Speculation:
  • Will they send out more rounds of Foundation Series invites?
  • Will they expand Foundation Series invites to states outside CA/TX?
  • When will they start sending out retail (non-Foundation Series) configuration invites?
  • Will they follow the reservation queue for retail (non-Foundation Series) configuration invites?
    • If so, how long do they follow the reservation queue?
  • When will the first retail (non-Foundation Series) truck be delivered?
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
TBH, with how it seems like everyone is buying all the foundations so fast, i wouldnt be suprised if tesla was like.... "I just kept crawling.. and it kept working.." and we dont see real prices for a long time.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Release Milestone/Timeline Speculation jerry-smith-crawlin

Klyde

First Name
Klyde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid
Occupation
Futures Trader
Country flag
1. Tesla probably will send out more rounds of foundation series invites until the 1000 limit is reached.

2. I dont think the foundation series invites will expand beyond CA/TX as there will definitely be more than 1000 units ordered combined with this 2 states.

3. They will likely send out retail invite after foundation invite.

4. Likely will follow reservation queue based on regions, already mentioned. So US CA/TX > other part of US > Canada etc.

5. This depends on the ramp, if everything is according to expectation, retail non foundation would come as early as Q2 2024. Assuming only 1000 unit limit for foundation series.

awhehackeur

First Name
Whehack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES
Occupation
AS Engineer
Country flag
1. Tesla probably will send out more rounds of foundation series invites until the 1000 limit is reached.

2. I dont think the foundation series invites will expand beyond CA/TX as there will definitely be more than 1000 units ordered combined with this 2 states.

3. They will likely send out retail invite after foundation invite.

4. Likely will follow reservation queue based on regions, already mentioned. So US CA/TX > other part of US > Canada etc.

5. This depends on the ramp, if everything is according to expectation, retail non foundation would come as early as Q2 2024. Assuming only 1000 unit limit for foundation series.
Very good and logical assumptions/assessments, given feedback from members of this forum so far via various threads. Hope these info would calm down some nerves a bit.

OP
OP
KScheidt

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
Thanks for the perspective. I've seen a few different things thrown around but I'm just not sure I've seen anything specific to when they open up the order book for normal configuration. I would assume sometime between now and when all of the Foundation Series trucks are delivered as they will need a queue to start working towards by that point. I also thought someone indicated that for M3 they opened up the configuration in waves down the line but allowed individuals to preference for "Founder's Series" vehicles and Retail/MSRP vehicles simultaneously.

Honestly, I'd just like to know (or at least have a general idea of) when I can stop refreshing my inbox/dashboard to get my configuration in. :unsure:🤪

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
Thanks for the perspective. I've seen a few different things thrown around but I'm just not sure I've seen anything specific to when they open up the order book for normal configuration. I would assume sometime between now and when all of the Foundation Series trucks are delivered as they will need a queue to start working towards by that point. I also thought someone indicated that for M3 they opened up the configuration in waves down the line but allowed individuals to preference for "Founder's Series" vehicles and Retail/MSRP vehicles simultaneously.

Honestly, I'd just like to know (or at least have a general idea of) when I can stop refreshing my inbox/dashboard to get my configuration in. :unsure:🤪
Have you tried this? https://www.findmyelectric.com/tesla-cybertruck-reservation-tracker-calculator/ ?

I have no idea if it's accurate, but hope it is. I'm seeing November of '24 which would totally work for me.

OP
OP
KScheidt

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
Have you tried this? https://www.findmyelectric.com/tesla-cybertruck-reservation-tracker-calculator/ ?

I have no idea if it's accurate, but hope it is. I'm seeing November of '24 which would totally work for me.
Yeah, I'm familiar with the various trackers but they are also purely speculative/based on assumption(s). Not sure if they take geographical area into consideration and I'd be curious to know what inferences are baked into the underlying logic/calculation(s).

I'm really just looking forward to being able to configure and having a firm-ish timeframe to focus on, regardless of what that timeframe is. Having the 11/30 date to look forward to for the event was great, but being back to an uncertain future is agonizing.

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I remember seeing a member here mention that the 1000 limit is now gone and it seems Tesla will continue selling Foundation Series trucks that are fully loaded until people stop buying them.

MetalBonsai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Model 3, '17 RX350, eventually CT
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
  • Will they expand Foundation Series invites to states outside CA/TX?
I would be surprised if they limited FS to only the early reservations in CA and TX. I think over time they'll offer FS to all earliest reservation holders up to a limited number regardless of state. Rolling offers to people down the line if declined. I think they're just doing it out of order to limited states for convenience of early shipping. I can't imagine a person in the top 100 reservations missing out on FS because they didn't live in CA or TX. That wouldn't be a good look! I also think it's in Tesla's best interest to spread the FS trucks across the country and also over to me as well soon please...

My guess is they'll open to WA, FL, NY in the next couple of weeks. Then swiftly to the rest of the U.S. and Canada in Jan/Feb.
Sponsored