Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
With shanghai closed for a month, and the slow ramp of Austin and Germany, the July results will be good but not enough to rekindle fever pitch growth.

This 'flat' growth may flow into the July/Aug/Sept months, and it will be interesting to see what they do about the split decision. It may be deferred for 6 months.

As we currently see, TSLA daily stock chart pattern looks exactly the same as NASDAQ.

Providing nothing improves, I expect 4th qrt results to be meaningful enough to move the share price to $1000 in January.

Musk said it may take 12-18 months to get out of the recession... this would be around July next year. If you can't afford a CT, delay till after this time. You will have enough for two soon enough.
Next earnings call will be more about Q3, Q4 estimates than about the current quarter. Everyone knows this quarter is a mess people want to know whether the next 2 quarters are going to make up for it.

Seems like if Tesla can hit or better their 50% projection the spring will start to uncoil eventually.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Can somebody explain to me why Tesla is not producing any new models in 2022 again?

That was when I sold my Tesla stock, at the end of January. (Which made me miss a good bounce up at the time). On this forum I said the reason why most of us bought TSLA was because we wanted innovation. When I heard Elon say, they just want to focus on building more vehicles this year, I was done. Yes, Tesla has a 1-year waiting list on vehicles. But, all 4 of their vehicles are the same old designs. Sure it's nice they have a higher margin than any other car manufacturer and are making good profits. But, the reason why most of us drove up the price of TSLA to $1200, was because we thought there would be Tesla Semi's and Cybertrucks on the roads by now. And we thought when those vehicles are on the road, the price of $1200 per share would seem cheap.

Increasing production on their 4 existing models isn't going to make TSLA at $1200 seem cheap. You guys are right. When Cybertrucks start hitting the streets it will be a game changer. But, the longer there's uncertainty about when the game is going to change the longer the stock, is just like every other stock.

Last week I mentioned I bought at $740, well I sold most of those shares between $750-$769. It's a difficult market to hold right now. But I'm looking forward to buying more shares of Tesla at even better prices.

BTW, please don't ever make investment decisions on what any of us are saying on an online forum. I personally have lost plenty of $$$$.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Can somebody explain to me why Tesla is not producing any new models in 2022 again?
They are, there are two new variants of the Model Y. Austin's 4680 and Berlin's 2170, both with new front gigacastings.

They're having trouble sourcing parts for the Model X, which is pushing everything else back to next year.

And your purchase is what told me to put a Call in and finally buy some stock. Yeah, it is difficult right now. But this sort of thing doesn't last forever. Car sales haven't been dropping, despite the remainder of consumer spending dropping - everyone is trying to get away from oil and uncertainty.

Every time oil spikes like it did, the global economy retracts a little.

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
They are, there are two new variants of the Model Y. Austin's 4680 and Berlin's 2170, both with new front gigacastings.

They're having trouble sourcing parts for the Model X, which is pushing everything else back to next year.

And your purchase is what told me to put a Call in and finally buy some stock. Yeah, it is difficult right now. But this sort of thing doesn't last forever. Car sales haven't been dropping, despite the remainder of consumer spending dropping - everyone is trying to get away from oil and uncertainty.

Every time oil spikes like it did, the global economy retracts a little.

-Crissa
Yeah, That's awesome you made a decision to invest! You are absolutely right, it may be some pain for a bit. But, TSLA has a very bright future, and it's just a bump in the road. I just bought in at $640.

The problem I have with the new variants is the new one looks the same as the old one. People's taste are going to affect Tesla sales eventually. Tesla has a huge advantage, in the fact that if you want an EV, Tesla is KING. But, look at all the new shiny designs of EV's coming out. Eventually people will be tired of waiting a year for their Tesla, that looks the same as all the Tesla's they see daily. And tired of paying HIGH gas prices, and they'll go take a test drive in one of the new shiny EV's and end up taking one of them home.

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
TSLA is volatile near term 12-18mo. Timing TSLA will be impossible. HOLD and average down your portfolio when you can.

Medium term risk:
  • Elon Musk pulls a Howard Hughes
  • UKA war materiale appropriation
  • GigaBerlin .de energy disruption/shutdown
  • GigaShanghai sanctions with China
  • GigaAustin factory conversion in time of war
  • GigaAustin ERCOT electric blackouts
  • GF2NY factory war time conversion
Selloffs continue until propaganda stops driving news cycles.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Why do they need to look different if they're selling every one they can make?

-Crissa
They don’t.

Tesla at.al. staying with c.2009 automotive styling opens up space for new designers and engineers to bring forward leaning concepts. That’s easier drawn than done. Fisker Karma(Henrik Fisker’s pre-model S) revealed in 2009 wasn’t produced until 2012.

What I have taken noticed, is the design language emerging in the UTV market. Lexus have taken note. This is a class of vehicle people willingly pay $40k+ for essentially a dune buggy. Performance is exceeding 100mph. Seatbelts number 4 passengers.

Such a movement has broken out of the SnoCat snowmobile craze. Dune Buggy’s are not new. The performance is showing that smaller is FUN at any price. FUN is coming for Tesla.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
TSLA is volatile near term 12-18mo. Timing TSLA will be impossible. HOLD and average down your portfolio when you can.

Medium term risk:
  • Elon Musk pulls a Howard Hughes
  • UKA war materiale appropriation
  • GigaBerlin .de energy disruption/shutdown
  • GigaShanghai sanctions with China
  • GigaAustin factory conversion in time of war
  • GigaAustin ERCOT electric blackouts
  • GF2NY factory war time conversion
Selloffs continue until propaganda stops driving news cycles.
Timing TSLA is quite easy compared to most stocks for the past year. Hint: it's time to buy TSLA.