Shaker.Est.84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual-Motor AWD, 1981 Datsun 720, 1995 Nissan 240SX, 1951 Willys CJ3A, 2005 Honda Civic, 2013 Nissan Sentra
Occupation
Canadian Armed Forces - Retired
Country flag
9,1xx
Sponsored

TxAg1993

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tri-motor FSD
Country flag
It's a useful approximation but using this method of subtracting 112744100 from your RN doesn't take into account single motor orders having to wait until after the dual and tri-motors are built. So if someone with a lower RN number ordered a single motor then their number is meaningless unless held against others that ordered single motors. I guess those who ordered dual or tri-motors can subtract out approximately 17% (based on estimation from table above) from their place in line to get a better approximation of where they are.

Thumbsucker

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Inspector
Country flag
I place mine the minutes Elon said we could and I am in Southern California and I am at 10,642
I think I am 10,641, but I’ll need to check my math again tomorrow.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
It's a useful approximation but using this method of subtracting 112744100 from your RN doesn't take into account single motor orders having to wait until after the dual and tri-motors are built. So if someone with a lower RN number ordered a single motor then their number is meaningless unless held against others that ordered single motors. I guess those who ordered dual or tri-motors can subtract out approximately 17% (based on estimation from table above) from their place in line to get a better approximation of where they are.
Ah, no. Some of those upgraded their order configuration once they learned they were going to have to wait longer.

TxAg1993

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tri-motor FSD
Country flag
Ah, no. Some of those upgraded their order configuration once they learned they were going to have to wait longer.
Sure it doesn't account for that type of conversion, but doing a simple subtraction to determine a place in line still doesn't take into account those that stuck with the single motor units that ordered ahead of us, nor does it account for the percentage of pre-orders made that won't actually be converted into actual purchases, which according to the above table is estimated at 14.8% (if I'm reading it correctly). So yeah... it's not accurate but it's a better approximation than RN - 112744100 at least for those of us who have higher numbers. Regardless, we'll get one when we get one.

Last edited:

Cincycyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor, Boxster, F-150, Mini Cooper Roadster, Ford Explorer, Jeep Wrangler, Acura MDX, Cayenne.
Occupation
Health professional
Country flag
Hoping this is wrong. Triple motor & full self driving. I ordered at the end of the reveal and I'm over 59,000 in line...

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Sure it doesn't account for that type of conversion, but doing a simple subtraction to determine a place in line still doesn't take into account those that stuck with the single motor units that ordered ahead of us, nor does it account for the percentage of pre-orders made that won't actually be converted into actual purchases, which according to the above table is estimated at 14.8% (if I'm reading it correctly). So yeah... it's not accurate but it's a better approximation than RN - 112744100 at least for those of us who have higher numbers. Regardless, we'll get one when we get one.
It's at best an approximation. But a fairly good one.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Hoping this is wrong. Triple motor & full self driving. I ordered at the end of the reveal and I'm over 59,000 in line...
I reserved close to then and i am at about 65,000 .

Primalcrux

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G37x, Toyota Sienna AWD, Nissan Xterra
Occupation
Dentist
Country flag
I'd love to know the same. My number place in line means nothing to me. Will they take years to catch up to the preorders or will my place of just over 100k mean I better be ready to buy right away when production is starting? I doubt they will be pumping out hundreds of thousands a month.. Will they?

TxAg1993

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tri-motor FSD
Country flag
I'd love to know the same. My number place in line means nothing to me. Will they take years to catch up to the preorders or will my place of just over 100k mean I better be ready to buy right away when production is starting? I doubt they will be pumping out hundreds of thousands a month.. Will they?
According to an article in CNBC, Tesla says it delivered 79,600 Model 3 cars and 17,400 Model S and X vehicles during the third quarter of 2019. Not sure how long it took to ramp up production of the Model 3 to that level.

Karen Palmer

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How to tell your place in line for the Cybertruck based on your order #:

"It's just a sequential number, starting at about 112744100. So subtract that from your number for your (approximate) place in line.

Keeping in mind the rollout will be regional, so your position in line is only good for your rollout region."
Where do you find your confirmation lost in e mail heaven