Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I AM AT 138K TRIMOTOR. IF ANYONE WHO ORDERED EARLIER AND CANCELLING OR WOULD LIKE TO GIVE HIS/HERS TURN WE CAN TRADE OR I CAN PAY YOU THE PREORDER. I AM RETIRING BY 2022 AND WOULD LIKE TO TOW OUR RV OUT OF STATE FOR A WHILE. THANK YOU.
Pretty sure you cant do this. Not easily anyways.
Sponsored

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
I HOPE SO OTHERWISE WE HAVE TO WAIT. WE ARE PURCHASING THE BLACK SERIES 19 FOOT RV ABOUT 7000 LBS WHEN WE GET THE TRUCK. IT WILL BE FUN DRIVING AROUND ACROSS THE USA. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT ELON IS GOING TO ADD TO THE TRUCK AND HOW THE FINAL PRODUCT WOULD BE. I LIKED THE DESIGN FROM DAY ONE AND LOVED THE TRIMOTOR CONFIGURATIONS, SOLID TRUCK.

Ludus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick SUV
Country flag
I tried the subtraction method and it works with what I know, that my number is about 187,000 and I ordered between Musks tweets of 150,000 and 250,000. Maybe he’ll tweet an update when it crosses 500,000. It would start another wave of buzz to go with TSLA going beyond $420.

moonrover

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I’m ~328,000 in line for a Trimotor :( Suppose I’m waiting until 2024 or so?

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I’m ~328,000 in line for a Trimotor :( Suppose I’m waiting until 2024 or so?
I wouldn't be so worried, Not all of these reservations will go through. A lot of people seem to have double and triple reservations. They delivered Almost 80,000 model 3's last quarter. As of September 2019 they had sold 371,000 model 3's. So if they start in late 2021 and the production ramp is the same as the model 3 your looking at sometime in 2023 if they fulfilled every reservation in order.

But also consider you are in California (most likely close to production) so that bumps you up the list. Also there are probably quite a few out of country reservations.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I HOPE SO OTHERWISE WE HAVE TO WAIT. WE ARE PURCHASING THE BLACK SERIES 19 FOOT RV ABOUT 7000 LBS WHEN WE GET THE TRUCK.
Have you considered that given that the trailer weighs more than the vehicle its traction energy demand will be at least as much as the vehicle's and that the range will be reduced to, at best, half that of the CT when not towing? Given that on the road we tend to operate bertween 10% and 90% SoC that means the TriMotor CT has practical range of 400 miles which will be reduced to 200 miles if you are a 100% efficient driver. The average Tesla driver runs 84% (winter) - 96% (summer) efficient so that means less than 168 - 192 miles.

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
We can do the math and speculate but the fact that no one tested EV trucks towing an RV before. I am very positive that the Cybertruck or Rivian truck will have very good range towing about 6k to 7k lbs. I will be happy if I tow 7k lbs and be able to drive for 4 hrs and rest one hour. batteries will improve because $$$ is available now to spend in developing better options. I am an early adopter and will make the sacrifice so that we get to where we want someday.

Starman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Prius, 2011 Buick LaCrosse, 2010 Prius, 2001 Excursion, 1965 LaMans
Occupation
MFG Supervisor
Country flag
Trimotor FSD
I ordered about an hour post presentation.

mramosc

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
1,2xx! Tri FSD
I was ready to place the order and was constantly checking the website during the reveal even before Elon announced that reservations could be placed. Still, once they open it up for reservation, it seems too many people were trying to access the website at the same time, it took me a couple of minutes trying to refresh the page to finally be able to place the order.

Last edited:

Impedence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Trimotor
Country flag
47989. Trimotor. Currently live in SF but will be living in Texas in 6 months. Does that really mean my order is under 4000?

GasBGone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (expected), Model 3, Cadillac Escalade EXT, Yamaha FJR1300.
Occupation
Department of defense, F-35 sales.
Country flag
Spreadsheet estimates 422,464 orders so far. :)
Link:
How to tell your place in line for the Cybertruck based on your order #:

"It's just a sequential number, starting at about 112744100. So subtract that from your number for your (approximate) place in line.

Keeping in mind the rollout will be regional, so your position in line is only good for your rollout region."

"It's just a sequential number, starting at about 112744100. So subtract that from your number for your (approximate) place in line.

Keeping in mind the rollout will be regional, so your position in line is only good for your rollout region."

GasBGone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (expected), Model 3, Cadillac Escalade EXT, Yamaha FJR1300.
Occupation
Department of defense, F-35 sales.
Country flag
112790876 minus 112744100 = 46776. Is this a good thing for my trimotor reservation number?