First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cycberstruck
Occupation
Country flag
For a work horse cybertruck, can we ask Elon for a roof rack ready design for our cybertruck. It is so important to be able to have a roof rack for a work horse contractor cybertruck.
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think Cybertruck is already capable of having a roofrack

Take a close look at the edge of the roof at the top of the cover and the very top. you might have to zoom in or look at the picture on the Cybertruck page on Tesla.

It looks like you could open a couple spots or maybe pop them out to attach roofracks.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck roof rack for work..... to carry long lumber on top or plumbing pipe Capture.PNG

OP
OP
davidngo44

davidngo44

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cycberstruck
Occupation
Country flag
I think Cybertruck is already capable of having a roofrack

Take a close look at the edge of the roof at the top of the cover and the very top. you might have to zoom in or look at the picture on the Cybertruck page on Tesla.

It looks like you could open a couple spots or maybe pop them out to attach roofracks.

Capture.PNG
I was in person looking at the LA car museum to view the cybertruck.... I just did not noted anything possible for a truck roof rack to carry long lumber. I really hope Elon aware of this issue. A roof rack on a truck is one of the most important thing for a contruction truck.
Thank you.

OP
OP
davidngo44

davidngo44

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cycberstruck
Occupation
Country flag
This is one of the capacities my Mazda has than no EV of its model year had.

Tesla now offers roof rack mount for the Model 3 and Y, I don't see why the Cybertruck would skip having mounts.

-Crissa
Thank you.
Just that, I just don't see how a heavy duty roof rack using on ICE contruction truck to be mounded on the cybertruck. These are heavy long lumber to be carry on top. I do house remodeling works.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I mean the Cybertruck should be able to carry what most other trucks can. If they manage to add a passthrough, that makes the bed probably 9-10 feet or so in length, plus Elon said in a tweet that they'll add a flip stop at the end of the tailgate to be able to load 4x8's. If you consider all that space, we're probably looking at around 10-11 feet in length. So I don't think we will need a roof rack to haul lumber around.

I actually don't think i'll install roof racks on my cybertruck. The vault should have plenty of storage for everything I would transport, even if that includes lumber on rare occasions.

Another thing to account for is the angle of the roof. If the roof racks are like most roof racks; everything on them will be at an angle. To have them level you would need the rear racks to be considerably taller and probably connected to the front racks for stability. I'm positive that a company will make racks like this for the Cybertruck but it might not be Tesla.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Thank you.
Just that, I just don't see how a heavy duty roof rack using on ICE contruction truck to be mounded on the cybertruck. These are heavy long lumber to be carry on top. I do house remodeling works.
Same. This is why I want the truck! Right now I can only carry two pieces of plywood at a time and a few 2x4s. It's always or, or, or get it delivered in a big order and have it sitting around which is awkward.

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
You are absolutely correct. The Cybertruck has to have the capability to have a heavy duty ladder rack that can carry WEIGHT. That's a must for any contractor that needs a worktruck! You have to be able to put an extension ladder and long supplies on a roof rack or you don't have a fully functional work truck! Everything I've seen says the Cybertruck has connection points for a roof rack already built into it. Just for fun, I drew up a concept of a triangular roof rack, based on an idea that another member here "Newton" came up with. Triangular made with 3mm S.S. would go along with the design much better than round. And have much lower drag.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck roof rack for work..... to carry long lumber on top or plumbing pipe cybertrucksiderack
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck roof rack for work..... to carry long lumber on top or plumbing pipe frontquarterack

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck roof rack for work..... to carry long lumber on top or plumbing pipe tritubin

OP
OP
davidngo44

davidngo44

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cycberstruck
Occupation
Country flag
You are absolutely correct. The Cybertruck has to have the capability to have a heavy duty ladder rack that can carry WEIGHT. That's a must for any contractor that needs a worktruck! You have to be able to put an extension ladder and long supplies on a roof rack or you don't have a fully functional work truck! Everything I've seen says the Cybertruck has connection points for a roof rack already built into it. Just for fun, I drew up a concept of a triangular roof rack, based on an idea that another member here "Newton" came up with. Triangular made with 3mm S.S. would go along with the design much better than round. And have much lower drag.
cybertrucksiderack.jpg
frontquarterack.jpg

tritubing.jpg
With this roof rack I carry lumber.....I can sleep top while camping or carry my whaly boat/kayaks on top....very import roof rack.

OP
OP
davidngo44

davidngo44

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cycberstruck
Occupation
Country flag
Same. This is why I want the truck! Right now I can only carry two pieces of plywood at a time and a few 2x4s. It's always or, or, or get it delivered in a big order and have it sitting around which is awkward.

-Crissa
If Elon will give us a easy snap on and snap off roof rack on our cybertruck.... It will a speechless awesome option.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
If Elon will give us a easy snap on and snap off roof rack on our cybertruck.... It will a speechless awesome option.
I think that's a very realistic feature, but it might not be roof racks that give a level platform. But with the top inserts that it seems the Cybertruck will have once you remove a small rectangular peice, I would assume it would be as simple enough to remove in under a minute without any tools.

OP
OP
davidngo44

davidngo44

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cycberstruck
Occupation
Country flag
I think that's a very realistic feature, but it might not be roof racks that give a level platform. But with the top inserts that it seems the Cybertruck will have once you remove a small rectangular peice, I would assume it would be as simple enough to remove in under a minute without any tools.
I hope this will be true. Need to carry my two large kayak on a roof rack....

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I hope this will be true. Need to carry my two large kayak on a roof rack....
I'm sure if Tesla doesn't make a level set of roof racks, another company will. It will be interesting to see what options we can order to come with the cybertruck.
Sponsored