Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Seems like nobody is getting a Cybertruck without waiting 3+ years (or paying a premium for a used one).
I am having some second thoughts about the CT. I will be 78 when mine becomes available. I am soon going to have to move into town so I won't need to haul firewood or trash. My 85 lb. dog is twelve so he probably won't even get to ride in the CT. My number is in the 220K range and I am going to keep my reservation. If and when I buy it I will have to pay sales tax on it. Whoever buys it as a used car will have to pay sales tax again. I don't need or intend to make money on the deal but what are the chances that I can drive it for 6 months or a year and sell it for what I paid for it considering that the new owner will have to pay $3500 or so in sales tax. I have a reservation in for an Aptera which I intend to buy so most of my future driving will be BEV. I just don't think that I can get $50K use out of a CT. I would appreciate any constructive comments.
[/QUOTE]
SARS-CoV2 changed lives. AGW changes lifestyles.

Forced into Uber, car rental, private car service and mass transit, after a year the owned-car convenience is missed but it has been luxury without a car. Not maintenancing, not fixing and not worrying about repairs anymore has meant $/mo recaptured cashflow. The cost to go places is even money to owning a car.

Global warming is not going up on my account. Groceries are bought for week ahead, if not weeks. Medical and electrical power outages are only things that you can’t calendar. Without having a car its been possible to get by comfortably. Grateful it is to have people show-up to fill the times when a ride is unplanned or rental car needed. Universe is amazing how it answer the call when asked.
Sponsored