Snow & ice -- how will RWD Cybertruck single motor perform?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Because it has adjustable suspension, it will be able to shift its weight back to front as needed.

So more balanced may be better.

-Crissa
Sponsored

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Hmm, this thread has me asking another question. What do we thing the front to back weight distribution will be for the CT? I've always been under the impression that, in general, the best distribution is 50-50. Someone correct me if that isn't true. If true, the next question is, Is the CT distributed 50-50 when empty? Or is it designed front heavy / rear light so that when you add payload to the rear it becomes 50-50?

DIscuss...
Cybertruck will be nearly 50/50 front/rear when empty but probably biased slightly to the front. Compared to an ICE pickup it will seem perfectly balanced empty. With a big load it will be more like a traditional pickup, much heavier over the rear wheels. Optimum AWD snow and ice handling will probably happen with about 300-500 lbs. in the bed to give it a mild weight bias to the rear. That ideal number will be higher for the RWD single motor.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I drove for years in 12"+ snow storms with a manual transmission geo metro and had no problems. The CT will do fine.
Sponsored