Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales manager
Country flag
After having driven my truck from Dallas to St. Louis, I can, without a doubt say that one of the most surprising features of the truck is how fantastic the Soundsystem is inside. I’ve heard many different car stereo systems over the years whether it’s stock systems from bang and olfusen, Bose, Harmon or upgraded sound systems from focal or infinity.

The last solid sound system that I heard recently was in the new Escalade. AKG did a solid job upgrading from the previous Bose systems that came in the top trim model Escalade. I even thought the bang and olfsuen 3-D sound in the Audis was really really impressive. I’m shocked to say that the cyber truck Soundsystem blows those systems out of the water. The sound staging is perfect. The base can hit almost any frequency with true power. The high frequencies are smooth and never feel harsh or overpowering. the immersive sound is subtle and more dynamic. I think everybody is going to be very impressed with what Tesla has done with it.

Teslas have always been front channel heavy. the cyber truck is the same way, but the real estate given to the front speakers almost acts like a bull horn aimed straight at your face.
Sponsored

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
Interesting that another forum member claimed his Y’s stereo was better than his CT’s 🤷

OP
OP

Lemdawg

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales manager
Country flag
to each his own, my personal ranking is below. Model y sounds good. Not much to complain about.

5 model s
4model x
3 model y
2 model 3
1 cybertruck.

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
to each his own, my personal ranking is below. Model y sounds good. Not much to complain about.

5 model s
4model x
3 model y
2 model 3
1 cybertruck.
I’m not an audiophile so I’m sure it will be more than good enough for me. My wife *always* upgraded her car stereo until she got her MY which she describes as a stereo with wheels.

OP
OP

Lemdawg

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales manager
Country flag
She will be impressed.

CyberRich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 FS CT AWD, 2019 M3, 2018 M3, 2015 MS 70D
Country flag
Anyone care to share their frequency band settings?

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
doesn’t seem any better then my model y personally. Both are really good.

Wonderful

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Macan, Audi R8 and soon Cyberbeast
Country flag
This is really great to hear. Especially with the list of speakers you've tried prior to the Cybertruck. I was afraid it wouldn't beat out our custom speakers in one car and our B&O in another. I cant wait to give it a shot. I highly doubt it would beat the Burmesters in a Bently though, those were by far the best speakers i've ever got to experience.

OP
OP

Lemdawg

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales manager
Country flag
I haven’t heard the burmesters in the Bentley yet. Would love to at some point. I did show my friend who has a 2018 mayback. He was impressed with the large sound in cybertruck.

cyberme207

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Wrangler
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
Honestly, the sound system is one of the main reasons I have not cancelled by reservation with the price hike, and is the number 1 consideration I have for purchasing a new vehicle.

Every car I have owned I have had to upgrade the speakers and improve sound deadening to eliminate rattles. I am tired of the entire weekend this usually eats and the thousands of dollars in cost.

I am looking forward to not having to do that with the Cybertruck.

I am assuming, the interior does not rattle when the bass hits? That seems to be the hardest thing for manufacturers to eliminate. A sound system is only as good as the interior acoustics. Great bass is completely ruined by rattles.

OP
OP

Lemdawg

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales manager
Country flag
I can confirm in my cyber truck at least nothing rattles. Even when bass frequencies jump from 40 Hz to 200 Hz there is no rattle in the panels or anything like that. After looking at the truck, the subwoofers are actually under the rear bench seat, bolted under the carpet into the frame. I can guess is that they are phased meaning they each play a slightly different frequency to fill the cabin. Underneath the bench seat, which I think was kind of odd is a plastic attached panel. Never seen anything like that before on any truck at first I thought it looked kind of cheap, and that it would get scratched, but I’m certain now that that panel under the bench seat was added just for the subwoofer reflection. Sitting in the back of the cyber truck, the audio isn’t as good, but it still has great imaging.