First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Nope. I offered to drive!

You would, of course, have to sit shotgun to a total stranger. And as a side job, I instruct people how to drive there sports cars on the race track, so driving in NYC was fun. For me. Maybe not you.
Can you recommend a good resource to get any kind of education (book, YouTube, ....) on how to drive my car? I am too far to drive to you for an official lesson.

Last edited:

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Can you recommend a good resource to get any kind of education (book, YouTube, ....) on how to drive my car? I am too far to drive to you for an official lesson.
Well, you might laugh, but I think one of the best books out there is from the 1990s by Jackie Stewart: Principles of Performance Driving.

It's easy to read, easy to understand, and does a really good job of explaining the basics of performance driving; apexes, braking, shifting (when cars had standard transmissions), trail braking, etc.

Maybe some day there will be enough Tesla's to rent a track for a day and teach basic car handling skills. I have connections in New England with two race tracks that we could put together an event.

I also want to do a CT event at an adventure park. Jeep trails, hill climbs, autocross, etc. I think that would be a blast!

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Well, you might laugh, but I think one of the best books out there is from the 1990s by Jackie Stewart: Principles of Performance Driving.

It's easy to read, easy to understand, and does a really good job of explaining the basics of performance driving; apexes, braking, shifting (when cars had standard transmissions), trail braking, etc.

Maybe some day there will be enough Tesla's to rent a track for a day and teach basic car handling skills. I have connections in New England with two race tracks that we could put together an event.

I also want to do a CT event at an adventure park. Jeep trails, hill climbs, autocross, etc. I think that would be a blast!
Thinking about that makes waiting a bit easier ;). You may have to make that an annual event. By the time I get my CT, the rest of you probably have done this three times already.
Thanks for your help, I will check out the book.

WFrazier

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck preorder
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Yeah, beautiful. They keep that thing spotless.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Cybertruck is on display in NYC! @ 860 Washington Street. It's there to coincide with Elon Musk's appearance on SNL. It's there until Sunday, says Musk.

Updated with street sighting videos!

Are there running LED lights at the top of the windshield or is that just a reflection? Inside the truck bed too?

tesla-cybertruck-nyc.jpeg
E00AisJWUAQrFRd.jpeg
tesla-cybertruck-nyc-1.jpeg
tesla-cybertruck-nyc-2.jpeg

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I forgot to mention that this CT was sporting the solid white dash material, not the dash that was seen on the reveal night.

Not new news, I know.

Also, the lower rear side lights appear to have cameras in them. Looks like it as two per, actually.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Spotted in NYC! [Street Video Added] 70C1930A-A5B9-4467-A4EB-E2CC694AE539

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Anyone can guess what that circle in the bed is for?

1620563159144.jpeg
there are actually 2 of them (the other is not visible in this pic, but you can see them in the pic from when it was at Giga Texas).

My best guess is 5th wheel attachment point.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I forgot to mention that this CT was sporting the solid white dash material, not the dash that was seen on the reveal night.

Not new news, I know.

Also, the lower rear side lights appear to have cameras in them. Looks like it as two per, actually.

70C1930A-A5B9-4467-A4EB-E2CC694AE539.jpeg
Good catch. And a nice protected place to have cameras. Less chance of crushing them off-road if they are so protected by SS.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
there are actually 2 of them (the other is not visible in this pic, but you can see them in the pic from when it was at Giga Texas).

My best guess is 5th wheel attachment point.
That’ll be the machine gun mounts.