Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
really interesting, cant wait to see a prototype or something. Thanks for sharing

They built a prototype ten years ago before the crash then their funding fell through. They have better batteries and a cleaner funding stream this time.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
At one point I was as excited about the Elio as I now am about the CT. Same $100 down, but I have much more faith in CT than I ever did in Elio.

Now I see that $100 as basically the cost of getting to fantasize for a couple years about how much I'd save on gas.
Elio's website looks like an infomercial scam lol

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag

They built a prototype ten years ago before the crash then their funding fell through. They have better batteries and a cleaner funding stream this time.

-Crissa
HA! i remember this thing now! lets hope it sticks this time, looks like something from Back to the future Part 2.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

hobbit11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Country flag
Actually, this chart leaves out an upcoming car that seems to be off everyones radar. The Aptera 3. coming spring 2021 with up to 1000 miles of range and onboard solar charging which seems to average about 20-30 miles of charge per day. and the 1000 mile version starts at a little over $40k. cheaper versions with less range will cost somewhere in the mid $20k after tax incentives.

check out the aptera website
very interesting but it kinda reminds me of a Smart Car...which is my mind is neither smart nor a car...

CyberFrontier

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Honda Insight, 2001 Honda Civic
Occupation
metal fabricator, innovator of solar and electric vehicles
Country flag
prototype should be unveiled within a few weeks.

CyberFrontier

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Honda Insight, 2001 Honda Civic
Occupation
metal fabricator, innovator of solar and electric vehicles
Country flag
very interesting but it kinda reminds me of a Smart Car...which is my mind is neither smart nor a car...
I have a seriously hard time seeing any relationship between a smart car and the Aptera. besides having two seats, what else reminds you of a smart car??

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I have a seriously hard time seeing any relationship between a smart car and the Aptera. besides having two seats, what else reminds you of a smart car??
From what i've seen, it's a little small for me to believe i'll be comfortable in it. But my real concern is the front wheels, I suspect the width from each wheel will be similar to the width of a car, but I'm going to assume the first customers are going to either hit the wheels off curbs or at least have a lot of close calls. Also, if one of those wheels hits something like a car while driving, as soon as the wheel housing comes off, that will be a ton of body damage. I would be very interested to see how this vehicle handles during a crash test, I would suspect that it would do poorly.

hobbit11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Country flag
the laws of macro physics do not favor this sized vehicle in our current situation regarding ANY type of collision...the mpg for a "smart car" are terrible not to mention it gives one a false sense of security because it's an enclosed vehicle...