Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Out of curiosity, how many of you have a spouse or significant other who does not like the CT. My wife hates the look of it. She is going with it as it is my vehicle and she will not have to drive it.
My bride hates it, thinks it’s ridiculous and it lacks any aesthetic value what so ever.
I can’t say she has no taste because she chose me.
Difficult argument indeed.
Sponsored

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
That is where the argument went sideways for me. Don’t ask why she does not like the CT because it is ugly and love me because I am ugly. Let’s just say she is consistent in not liking ugly things. That was a hurtful conversation. Now I know better than to ask stupid questions.

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
My wife thinks the truck is cool. She loves the idea of no paint, no gas, and quiet performance

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Out of curiosity, how many of you have a spouse or significant other who does not like the CT. My wife hates the look of it. She is going with it as it is my vehicle and she will not have to drive it.
I kinda wish my wife had an opinion one way or the other.

She has her car and has no interest in cars of any kind beyond that. "Dear, Cybertruck or Rivian R1T?" "Eh, whatever". :rolleyes:

OC Farm Boy

First Name
Derwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus IS350C, Chevy Avalanche, Jeep Wrangler, Kubota 3301 Tractor
Occupation
Retired from corporate world and now building up a small homestead farm
Country flag
My wife doesn’t like the look but is willing to live with it because of all that it can do and costs little to maintain. Same reasons she is willing to live with me!?. She does want to drive it though

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
A lot of people are talking smack about the Cyber Truck and they will all regret it later. The Cyber Truck is the COOLEST vehicle we have ever seen. I agree that most of the media is very negative about the Cyber Truck, but I really do like the idea of a hot hatch even if the article in which that information is found disses on by favorite vehicle.
As with anything / anyone revolutionary, they’re derided at first. Look at Musk himself - how much criticism and doubt he received earlier in Tesla’s history whenever he announced some lofty goal or outlandish target. Now he’s seen as a visionary and his words are seen as prescient. The same exact thing is happening and will happen with the Cybertruck.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I wonder if somewhere down the road there will be an El Camino/Ranchero version of the CT. Two large doors (to access a storage area behind the seats). Two or three seater with a performance and graphics package. The bed would be a foot or two shorter and it would be lighter than the standard CT and would smoke a Hellcat like a cheap cigar.

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
I wonder if somewhere down the road there will be an El Camino/Ranchero version of the CT. Two large doors (to access a storage area behind the seats). Two or three seater with a performance and graphics package. The bed would be a foot or two shorter and it would be lighter than the standard CT and would smoke a Hellcat like a cheap cigar.
Elon has hinted that there might be a smaller version of the Cybertruck in the future. It likely would target the small truck segment of the market that the Chevy Colorado and Ford Ranger currently fill. Yes, I intentionally left out the Tundra; they continue to grow in size.
According to a Car and Driver review of the Hellcat, "The last Hellcat we tested blasted from zero to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds and completed the quarter-mile in 11.4 seconds". So, it appears that the current specifications of the larger Cybertruck will already embarrass the owners of Hellcats. The smaller, lighter version will lap them on the track.
Another interesting tidbit about the Hellcat is it is more expensive than the trimotor variant of the Cybertruck. There is also a Daytona 50th anniversary edition which is almost as expensive as the trimotor with FSD.
And then there is the operating cost in fuel, "likely be equal or less than the previous model year, which earned 13 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway". YIKES! Can you imagine how much fuel you will have to pour into a Hellcat just driving it around town?
Cybertruck wins once again.
If I was working for a legacy automobile maker that was NOT developing EVs I would definitely be looking for new employment.

Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
My gf wasn't into the design and still thinks it's weird, but I love it. I think once people see them on the road they'll either become less strange or become the Volkswagen Thing of trucks, but I feel like the tall cab Datsuns already fill that niche.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
"And then there is the operating cost in fuel, "likely be equal or less than the previous model year, which earned 13 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway". YIKES! Can you imagine how much fuel you will have to pour into a Hellcat just driving it around town?"

And if memory serves me right that is PREMIUM FUEL which costs much more than regular grade gas. Another reason for a hot rod electric truck.
Sponsored