Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
This photo also contains what I think is the only possible evidence to date that the pre-production has a tailgate ramp
are you referring to the bumper silhouette on the tailgate? Or did you see something else?
Sponsored

BeastSlayer

Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Ryder
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer of MyLooseChange
Country flag
I simply wish it would not have such a dismal range drop in winter as F150 Lightning.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I simply wish it would not have such a dismal range drop in winter as F150 Lightning.
the CT’s heat pump tech, and ground-up BEV platform engineering for short duct runs, etc., should make big improvements

the Lightning, which Monroe actually lauded for it’s related designs, nonetheless is not a ground-up BEV platform that was design-optimized for BEV heating

it’s not clear how much the Lightning’s battery performance in winter is largely the effect of relatively inefficient cabin heating, as opposed to pure battery charge drop from temp

it’s also clearly very sensitive to people who don’t fully precondition before departure

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
are you referring to the bumper silhouette on the tailgate? Or did you see something else?
stainless steel in frost has some interesting artifacts on the surface that show underlying differences in insulation

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck winter / snow testing photo ❄️ 1872CC23-093A-4B69-B5FB-B3EC8617E23C
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck winter / snow testing photo ❄️ 9FC4FDC7-3AD8-43C6-B891-D18ED56DFD1B
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck winter / snow testing photo ❄️ B03CE923-7249-4BC7-816F-92A9F8AE5AF2
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck winter / snow testing photo ❄️ 90613ACA-C2C5-4E2F-9EE3-B8F0FFCFD7E7

clearly a wild flier of a theory here, and certainly not standing behind it - but as wild and weak a theory as it is, I stand behind it nonetheless being the best evidence yet

BeastSlayer

Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Ryder
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer of MyLooseChange
Country flag

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The winter range drop of the Lightning is overblown.

(She has more on this, btw.)

Tesla uses a heat pump, it manages the battery pack thermals more rigorously, they're nearly always the most efficient in their class. So worry about it? I'm not gonna.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I suspect we’ll get lots of test video once its out.
Sponsored