Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Here's a wiper blade system that provides concealment and usage.

Then having a big wiper blade on the windshield as seen on the recently leaked images of the Cybertruck.

What are your thoughts?

Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I would think the whole frunk lid lifts up in the back to let it sneak out to deploy mode, then close again. Like the doors open with the pneumatic hammer.

Use a spring under the seal at the back so the frunk remains sealed during this operation. It would have the side effect that when the frunk opens from the front, water and debris didn't flow into the frunk from the windshield.

-Crissa

Deleted member 11233

Then having a big wiper blade on the windshield as seen on the recently leaked images of the Cybertruck.

What are your thoughts?
i really like that Corvette design!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What are your thoughts?
Forgive the truly horrible illustration here, but there is a significant difference in the design of the Cybertruck versus the front of the Corvette. The wiper on the ‘vette sits at an elbow and the plane of the window crosses the hood so they can just extend the wiper below that level on the ‘vette.

On the Cybertruck, the window and the frunk are on the same plane. They would have to not only lift and tuck a piece of the frunk, they would have to pivot or lift the wiper out so it can make an arc parallel to the windscreen.

(Cybertruck is above the ‘vette in this illustration if you couldn’t figure it out)
Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck wiper Blade suggested design 1643144703799

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
As if vehicle designers and engineers aren't aware of that old gm design and didn't already consider it.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I think we will all just get used to it...it's a wiper blade...we need it..it's there. No need to add all these crazy mechanisms. New one looks fine...it's out of the way and I'm sure it suppose to do what it does. Only thing would be making it skinnier and black less noticable. Done!

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I would think the whole frunk lid lifts up in the back to let it sneak out to deploy mode, then close again. Like the doors open with the pneumatic hammer.

Use a spring under the seal at the back so the frunk remains sealed during this operation. It would have the side effect that when the frunk opens from the front, water and debris didn't flow into the frunk from the windshield.

-Crissa
When wiper discussions were first talked about and everyone was talking about lasers, @Crissa's idea above is what I was thinking the CT would do. In fact, when people would say "It doesn't have wipers" my inner voice would say "Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are not there."

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
And yes, the wiper would have to move up into its deployed position, but that might be a straight line, or a straight motion that hits a y axis limit.

Then the frunk would slide back closed behind it. Hopefully they put a defrosting coil under the wiper, either way.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
When wiper discussions were first talked about and everyone was talking about lasers, @Crissa's idea above is what I was thinking the CT would do. In fact, when people would say "It doesn't have wipers" my inner voice would say "Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are not there."
When my inner voice says “Just because you can’t see them doesn’t mean they are not there”. I usually bust out my tin foil hat.

Brazen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I would use a gloss black/glass panel at the base of the windshield to help conceal it, rather than using a panel in stainless steel. That way it would look part of the windshield and the shut lines would be not very noticeable.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

What are your thoughts?

Wow. That is a very loud wiper!! Why does it need all that repetitive sputtering sound?