Dr Barnacle Luffy

First Name
Barnacle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4, Chevy 2500 diesel LT 4x4, Toyota T100 pickup, 2d RAV4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ehninger1212 and I came up with the idea of wrapping the body in gold aeronautical film to reflect the heat in desert climates. If anyone knows of a supplier of gold aeronautical film would love to get my hands on some to experiment.
Sponsored

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
Not that I'm gonna do this, but here's some swirl patterning on metal, action starts at the 2:00 minute mark -

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I have issue with the paint, gold flake with the dull flat rainbow. My eye continually is drawn to the gold and truck bed. My eye does not rest on the rainbow. While not my first choice, looks cool to me and I have a slight uptick for Ford.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, I like the gold flake, but not with the rainbow.

I'm putting retroreflective vinyl on my motorcycle in a rainbow pattern (when I can figure out where I hid it), and I think that's what I'll do if I can find a big enough print for it.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hah! I was thinking of what I might do, and I was thinking a rainbow over the hood and then stripe down the side.

And Ford went and did something crazier: https://www.autoblog.com/2021/09/02/ford-very-gay-ranger-raptor-pride/

Ford-Ranger-Very-Gay-Raptor-01.jpg

-Crissa
Did they add a couple colors to the bottom of the pride flag? Thats definitely not a proper ROYGBIV rainbow and the pink/ sky blue/ grey blue at the tail end doesn't look like the pride flag either.

Overall it's kind of cool but a little out-there for my black/ dark grey/ green tastes.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Did they add a couple colors to the bottom of the pride flag? Thats definitely not a proper ROYGBIV rainbow and the pink/ sky blue/ grey blue at the tail end doesn't look like the pride flag either.

Overall it's kind of cool but a little out-there for my black/ dark grey/ green tastes.
1630688101729.png

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
The new flag is retarded. My gay and trans friends have expressed displeasure, and I get it. Growing up, my hispanic ethnicity was rarely a big problem, but I can tell you that any openly gay person in my area was getting an ass-kicking. Trans people face unique challenges. People still feel it's acceptable to be openly against it while being openly racist is understood to be wrong (not to say nobody is, just that it's recognized as socially unacceptable).

It also looks ugly on a watch band, and I live my standard pride band.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I thought the whole point of the rainbow was to be all inclusive to begin with and I don't think the stripes had individual meanings previously.

I have a rainbow/ Pride watchband with the original colors. I bought it because I like rainbows and it makes me think of Robin Williams. The fact that it also represents gay pride is coincidental, but also something I'm just fine with supporting.

If folks want to wave this new version doesn't bother me and I support what they feel it stands for. But I prefer the simplicity of the original.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I thought the whole point of the rainbow was to be all inclusive to begin with and I don't think the stripes had individual meanings previously.
Exactly. Everyone wants to appropriate everyone else's stuff as their own. It's dumb.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Exactly. Everyone wants to appropriate everyone else's stuff as their own. It's dumb.
I suspect there are reasons folks feel the need to specifically call out their own issues. But once you start calling out each stripe with some individual value is you start leaving people behind and suddenly you need a million stripes. Which is the non-binary stripe?

Anyhow. I don't want to disparage.

On a related note. I think this is perhaps one of the most awesome things I've ever read about marketing.

https://priceonomics.com/how-an-ad-campaign-made-lesbians-fall-in-love-with/

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I am racially/ethnically non-binary, LOL. Born in a latin America country, raised mostly American, and look white enough to create confusion. Anyway, I don't want to be part of that flag.
Sponsored