Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have been seeing joe Rogin texting how cool the cybertruck is with Elon musk. So I hope he doesn’t get his before the rest of us that have been waiting for three years. 3 or 4 months ago Rogin talked on his pod cast how cool the cybertruck. I seen it before where a ufc fighter called out Elon musk that he didn’t recive his Tesla car. Two weeks later he got it. I think I heard David Crosby complained also and he got his. So I’m hoping that the cybertruck is delivered in the way they were ordered. That would be really bad if Joe Rogin gets his before the people that have been waiting for so long. I’m not rich or famous I would just like to get my cybertruck in the spot I order it. My spot RN112772617 or 28518 when I looked up. Thanks Sam and Chris
Sponsored

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
unless joe put a deposit that unveiling day.... before you

BenH

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Landscaper
Country flag
I have been seeing joe Rogin texting how cool the cybertruck is with Elon musk. So I hope he doesn’t get his before the rest of us that have been waiting for three years. 3 or 4 months ago Rogin talked on his pod cast how cool the cybertruck. I seen it before where a ufc fighter called out Elon musk that he didn’t recive his Tesla car. Two weeks later he got it. I think I heard David Crosby complained also and he got his. So I’m hoping that the cybertruck is delivered in the way they were ordered. That would be really bad if Joe Rogin gets his before the people that have been waiting for so long. I’m not rich or famous I would just like to get my cybertruck in the spot I order it. My spot RN112772617 or 28518 when I looked up. Thanks Sam and Chris
My number is way before yours. I am willing to sell my for 3x of the price, and I know that is pocket change for Joe.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Pretty sure Joe could get it early if he asked and I don't see a problem with this at all. if a handful of Celebrities tweeted Elon asking for an early Cybertruck, that would delay peoples orders by either nothing or a day.

This would also be great for Tesla, who doesn't advertise. Tesla in the media, talked about by celebrities, and youtube reviews are basically how word gets around other than seeing the cars and superchargers. every celebrity that talks it up is putting the information out to anywhere from hundreds of thousands to millions of people on day one, this helps create more demand, which will increase Tesla's market share, which will lead to more factories for their vehicles and Tesla can get even more money to spend on research and development.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Even if every celebrity that knew Elon on a personal level wired cash to him and got the first CTs off the line, it would only be a weeks worth of production at most. These things will initially be made by the thousands every month, so a few dozen people skipping line wouldn't make a difference to plebes like us.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
For the record, I am calling dibs and hereby and forthwith providing notice that I am complaining where is my Cybertruck. Anyone else can now fall in behind me if so desired in the new priority reserve holder whiney list.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla will be producing 1000 trucks a week within the first quarter.

I understand why you’d be anxious, but they won’t be giving out thousands of sample trucks. Maybe a dozen.

Low-key bugs me too, but insiders get the first vehicles of any make. That’s just the breaks.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Sorry, there are a lot of us in the same boat as you. I think this song sums it up perfectly. Life ain't fair, OH WELL!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
unless joe put a deposit that unveiling day.... before you
The thing is, a lot of the youtubers were there at the unveiling and put in reservations as soon as it was possible. I often see references from various youtubers about how they are in the fist 100 for just about every Tesla (or non Tesla) vehicle. Clearly they are making a lot of money as I had to think carefully about whether I wanted or could afford a Cybertruck before I reserved. That put me back a couple days and 80,000 on the trim. In a way I prefer to be back a bit as there are always issues with a first run. How far back is safe is impossible to predict.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The thing is, a lot of the youtubers were there at the unveiling and put in reservations as soon as it was possible. I often see references from various youtubers about how they are in the fist 100 for just about every Tesla (or non Tesla) vehicle. Clearly they are making a lot of money as I had to think carefully about whether I wanted or could afford a Cybertruck before I reserved. That put me back a couple days and 80,000 on the trim. In a way I prefer to be back a bit as there are always issues with a first run. How far back is safe is impossible to predict.
Well, if they were there, they had time to think about it before they arrived.

Heck, I had a budget from my spouse before the announcement, and permission to get a Tesla at that price in two years. I'd sent her on a road trip in a rented Model S that summer, which had convinced her it was viable.

We still didn't have the money at the time, but neither did Tesla have the truck to sell.

It was easy to put down the reservation when the deets came out.

-Crissa

braddibbnd

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Ram, 23 Tesla MY
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you really, really REALLY want an early CT, go to work for Tesla in the Austin factory!!:)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Well, if they were there, they had time to think about it before they arrived.

Heck, I had a budget from my spouse before the announcement, and permission to get a Tesla at that price in two years. I'd sent her on a road trip in a rented Model S that summer, which had convinced her it was viable.

We still didn't have the money at the time, but neither did Tesla have the truck to sell.

It was easy to put down the reservation when the deets came out.

-Crissa
I think you hit the nail on the head. I was only peripherally aware of the Cybertruck from a friend and didn't even look at the reveal until a couple of days after and when I saw that it was 3mm stainless and 500+ range I reserved right then and there. I had no idea where the money was going to come from and, like you, thought I might save up for a couple of years before they were ready. It wasn't until January/February when I finally put my money where my mouth was and used some of my savings to buy some Tesla stock. As long as it stays over $800/share my truck is paid for.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Even if every celebrity that knew Elon on a personal level wired cash to him and got the first CTs off the line, it would only be a weeks worth of production at most. These things will initially be made by the thousands every month, so a few dozen people skipping line wouldn't make a difference to plebes like us.
Also, they could get the ones with issues and problems. I'm actually happy that there are about 100,000 guys in front of me.
Sponsored