Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Delivered! Colorado and CyberBeast.
IMG_0571.jpeg
Can you give us the details of your order ?

* first 5 of RN

* date you configured your truck

* date you got your VIN

* VIN Number range (6800, 4500, etc)

* Date you took delivery (if applicable)

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Thanks for the detailed info! As I've had 2 teslas prior to the CT (pickup Sunday :D) I would slightly disagree with the range anxiety. As I've planned to charge at 3rd party chargers to find out they were broken, and showed up with "0%" left at the next charger. Gave me some anxiety :p
Range anxiety can be real in limited instances. I gave up on third-party charging networks over six years ago after failing to get any charge out of two of them. Yes, I have a short leash for stuff that doesn't work and has a better alternative.

So, I've suffered no range anxiety induced by broken third party chargers.

Of course there are still large sparsely populated areas where range anxiety is real, it's just that I, like most motorists from populous areas of the country, have no reason to go there. If we did, we wouldn't be prime candidates for EV adoption.

DFWBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (May??), MS'22 (Sold), M3P (Sold)
Country flag
Range anxiety can be real in limited instances. I gave up on third-party charging networks over six years ago after failing to get any charge out of two of them. Yes, I have a short leash for stuff that doesn't work and has a better alternative.

So, I've suffered no range anxiety induced by broken third party chargers.

Of course there are still large sparsely populated areas where range anxiety is real, it's just that I, like most motorists from populous areas of the country, have no reason to go there. If we did, we wouldn't be prime candidates for EV adoption.
I definitely gave up looking for them after almost getting stranded because of it.
I live in dallas/fort worth, but going on the outskirts of the metroplex can bring charging challenges.

I'd love to do some ski trips with the truck, but unless some chargers have been added I'm unsure of how the range will do.

Fabville

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fabville.com
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X, 2015 Model S P85D, AWD CT
Country flag
You really shouldn't be going up there while the ground is so soft.

I know it sucks, but it's best if you want it to be there later.

-Crissa
The main road/trail didn’t feel too soft at all, not yesterday at least.

Fabville

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fabville.com
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X, 2015 Model S P85D, AWD CT
Country flag
Hence being open instead of closed?

-Crissa
sorry, a bit confused on that one. The gates for the “trails” were all closed, as in do not enter. What did you mean by “being open instead of closed”?

The main dirt road that goes through was accessible, no soft conditions at all. We could have easily taken our Model X through there again. I haven’t been up there in years, but I’m sure they’d put up signs/barricades on that main dirt road if conditions were poor and if they didn’t want vehicles to travel through.
Sponsored