• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

DELIVERED! North Texas

DeLorean Fan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 P85 (RIP); 2017 Model S 100; 2018 Model 3
Country flag
As pictured, I just picked up my Cybertruck. The intention was for this to be my daily driver for the next 10+ years. Both the price and exclusivity of the car makes me reconsider that plan for the time being.

Since I don’t have any desire for a side-gig as a Turo host, I am prepared to offer the car as a long term rental for 6-12 months to defray the purchase price. I have specific thoughts and terms in mind, but am open to serious offers or ideas. What happens after one year is also something I will consider, but I cannot sell the car under terms of my purchase agreement.

The vehicle title is unencumbered; the odometer has negligible miles; the truck is in “as new” and “as delivered” condition.

If you are interested, please DM me forthwith. Location is in North Texas. I'd prefer to keep it in the area so that I can be available for any warranty issues that crop up. The vehicle was delivered without its rubber wheel cover, but otherwise it looks great.

Scammers and random brokers need not contact me.

Edit/Added. . .

The pricing structure that I've come up with follows. I appreciate it is a hefty premium, but it is available now and in new condition.

1 Year @ $96k (~$267/day)
6 Months @ $58,500 (~$325/day)
3 Months @ $36,000 (~$400/day)

IMG_7147.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeLorean Fan

DeLorean Fan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How much are you looking to get?
100k for 12 months; 65k for 6 months is my initial thought.

UPDATE: Here is what I've come up with. . .
1 Year @ $96k ($267/day)
6 Months @ $58,500 ($325/day)
3 Months @ $36,000 ($400/day)
I will work closely with the lessee to assist with any warranty repairs or other issues that come up, which is one reason I prefer the car live in North Texas. If it leaves the area, it might make support a little more tricky.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeLorean Fan

DeLorean Fan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow. That's like a Ferrari. Hope you find someone, nice way to pay for it.
There are different ways to look at it. At less than $275/day it is well under the novelty Turo rate. The idea is to offer the exclusivity and first mover advantage to someone who can afford it and is interested in that.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Wow. That's like a Ferrari. Hope you find someone, nice way to pay for it.
I'm on the other side of this.

Someone who has reconsidered due to price, but placed the order, configured, accepted delivery, just to give someone else the opportunity to pay 65k to rent a vehicle for 6 months. A period that they might not get FSD or autopilot for, and Tesla is likely going to be pushing updates to make little changes here and there.

I really hope Tesla ramps up production quickly, so more Cybertrucks make it to customers, and more people can put their trucks up for rent, and the more people that do it, the more the price gets driven down.

I don't want to rent one, I just want it anyone who has a Cybertruck, or multiple Cybertrucks on order to either cancel the order because too many people are doing it, or end up selling it because it's not worth it to rent it out.

I would rather owners that actually want their truck to drive for themselves to get them. I won't even have sympathy if someone who is renting one out has it totaled and they have to go to the back of the line. But I will have Sympathy for the truck, I'm not a monster.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Guessing you would not be open to someone leasing then subleasing?
I think a lot of people would be ok paying $300 to test drive it for a day, especially for the next few months when there may not be an option at showrooms to drive one before you buy one.
Tough to get someone, especially someone who has not owned a tesla before to make that jump, but to drop $300 on a day to be "sure" before buying I am sure you they could fill a lot of seats.
It would get a ton more miles and use though so may not fit your situation.

chi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Computer Technician
Country flag
I’m keeping my model Y and going to try Turoing that when my VIN is assigned. If I feel comfortable being a Turo host I might try the Cybertruck like once a month.
I’m already an airbnb host, so maybe it will be a similar experience.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
This is funny. Nice cranes in the background. Would have done a different camera angle.

This is a joke right?