Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
I just got my new truck, and I was really excited about it. But when I took a closer look, I found a lot of problems with it, especially rust.

Finding rust on a brand-new truck, especially on the day it’s delivered, is not okay. It worries me a lot

I plan to take some pictures to show how bad it is and share them with others. I want people to know that when you buy something new, it should be in good condition.

Even though I still like my new truck, I’m disappointed and worried about the rust. I hope this experience helps others pay more attention to the quality of what they buy and the importance of speaking up when there are problems.

I will be sharing with you more pictures tomorrow or Sunday, the piece of the tailgate was also broken.

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery Day and Rust Rust and Rust IMG_5863
Sponsored

Cyberowner3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, M3P
Country flag
I had the same thing on my hubs and discs. Really, embarrassing bad. Told It was brake dust that turns that way when moisture hits it. They showed me a bunch of Model S and X’s with something similar but not as bad. They said it will come off. I said it sure will, and made them take it back and do it before I drove off. Follow up call I told them they can’t bring it out for delivery like that. I think they are more worried about all the stainless steel looking good and kind of ignore other things. Service guy took my feedback well and hopefully they will pay a little more attention to those especially with no covers.

CarMan ElecTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
Tell me you’re not a car person without telling me you’re not a car person..

Wash any car car and you will find this same rust at the rotor. All these trucks have been sitting outside a few days (maybe weeks) in the rainy season before your happy-drive to the delivery center…

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
The hub is made of HSS. Take off any center cap on any new car and one would see this.

This has me really concerned for this owner base I am seeing on these thoughts, and saying the service teams are in for a doozie of customers.

This is a 100k or 120k vehicle. This is not a supercar with umbrellas in the door, and champagne coolers in the back. Some expecting the royal job in the service center need to head on over to a dealership.

My local Ferrari dealership also does collision for Tesla. The lady that runs it freaks out when a Tesla parks in front. Image. They don't want customers. They have them. Sounds like it would be up some of these peoples alley. They like the full wax not just the bikini.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Seriously, nobody wants to clean these vehicles that customers have been waiting since 4 years?

I sincerely hope Elon puts Optimus for cleaning and prepping the delivery vehicles instead of having them crack eggs and do yoga! I don’t want to use BKF. I want Optimus to have BKF in his back pocket all the time. Meanwhile, I want to spend my precious time doing Yoga! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rook-E

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I got you but it’s brand new bud
Yes, on a new vehicle missing the aero wheel covers. However, with that being said, you are well within your right to ask Tesla to remove it before delivery. But as far as being concerned because it's starting to rust, you shouldn't be, its normal.

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I just got my new truck, and I was really excited about it. But when I took a closer look, I found a lot of problems with it, especially rust.

Finding rust on a brand-new truck, especially on the day it’s delivered, is not okay. It worries me a lot

I plan to take some pictures to show how bad it is and share them with others. I want people to know that when you buy something new, it should be in good condition.

Even though I still like my new truck, I’m disappointed and worried about the rust. I hope this experience helps others pay more attention to the quality of what they buy and the importance of speaking up when there are problems.

I will be sharing with you more pictures tomorrow or Sunday, the piece of the tailgate was also broken.

IMG_5863.jpeg
The one I went to pick up was the same. :( Also had dirt, marks and scratches.
Tesla Cybertruck Delivery Day and Rust Rust and Rust 1709337265529

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery Day and Rust Rust and Rust 1709337310899

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery Day and Rust Rust and Rust 1709337329187
Tesla Cybertruck Delivery Day and Rust Rust and Rust 1709337346856
Tesla Cybertruck Delivery Day and Rust Rust and Rust 1709337365054

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
The one I went to pick up was the same. :( Also had dirt, marks and scratches.
1709337265529.png

1709337310899.png

1709337329187.png
1709337346856.png
1709337365054.png
Very disappointing! Sorry you had to experience this.

We are not asking the cars to be waxed everywhere like a museum piece. Just a thorough water clean and BKF/Windex for any rail dust stains. Please don’t tell me that’s too much to ask for a 120K car.
Sponsored