Delivery day checklist

Cyber_LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation Series DM
Country flag
Hi guys,

I’m finally taking delivery of my CT-DM at Marina Del Rey. Has anybody made a delivery day checklist of things to look for when accepting delivery? Any tips appreciated.
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Hi guys,

I’m finally taking delivery of my CT-DM at Marina Del Rey. Has anybody made a delivery day checklist of things to look for when accepting delivery? Any tips appreciated.
Take a look around vehicle. Anything really obvious that you want to reject delivery?
Sign papers and I believe that you have a week to 10 days to report any issues that you find after delivery.

I mean think of it, how much is it going to take to reject delivery and possibly go to the back of the line?

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation
Country flag
Refreshing this topic. I believe I am a week or two away from delivery and I would really appreciate taking advantage of those that have already picked up their CT and have feedback on what I should look for. I see there is someone in Etsy selling a list for $4.99, but it sounds like it is not specific necessarily to the Cybertruck. I am hoping to consolidate the list here since I could not really locate much on the other posts. I will take the list and put it into a text file for all to use.

CT Delivery Day Checklist

I am not sure the complete list of Foundation AWD series extras is listed in Tesbro, so here is the list I have:

Weather Mats
Roof Shade
Center Console Organizer
Gear Locker Divider
Bottle Opener L-track
L-track Hooks
Vault D-rings
Power Share Mobile Connector
Power Share Home Gateway (Probably won't be in the gear locker, but sent to installer)
Lifetime premium connection
35" Wheels
Foundation series emblems
White Decor

Last edited:

edc

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
Refreshing this topic. I believe I am a week or two away from delivery and I would really appreciate taking advantage of those that have already picked up their CT and have feedback on what I should look for. I see there is someone in Etsy selling a list for $4.99, but it sounds like it is not specific necessarily to the Cybertruck. I am hoping to consolidate the list here since I could not really locate much on the other posts. I will take the list and put it into a text file for all to use.

CT Delivery Day Checklist

I am not sure the complete list of Foundation AWD series extras is listed in Tesbro, so here is the list I have:

Weather Mats
Roof Shade
Center Console Organizer
Gear Locker Divider
Bottle Opener L-track
L-track Hooks
Vault D-rings
Power Share Mobile Connector
Power Share Home Gateway (Probably won't be in the gear locker, but sent to installer)
Lifetime premium connection
35" Wheels
Foundation series emblems
White Decor
Sup!
That’s actually my checklist.

I have a free one as well! https://everydaychrisofficial.com/cybertruck-checklist/

also here’s my video if you want to go step by step to prepare!

All My Issues with My Tesla Cybertruck Delivery Day!!

batlag

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Medical Business Owner
Country flag

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Tesla asks that you report any QC issues within 100 miles.

Purchasing two Tesla’s in the past I highly recommend arriving 45 minutes to your appointment.

Find your truck by looking on the dash for a placard with your name on it. Before going to the delivery desk sneak a full inspection of the exterior first and take pics of any QC issues that stand out.

Look for scratches on the SS panels and plastic trim, panel misalignment, scratched or chipped glass, missing FS goodies, the VIN number matches, etc.

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery day checklist IMG_0236

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
Tesla asks that you report any QC issues within 100 miles
My house is 40 miles from the SC, I guess I should take it offroading, over some bumps, thru a car wash in car wash mode, etc on the way home :p

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Tesla asks that you report any QC issues within 100 miles.

Purchasing two Tesla’s in the past I highly recommend arriving 45 minutes to your appointment.

Find your truck by looking on the dash for a placard with your name on it. Before going to the delivery desk sneak a full inspection of the exterior first and take pics of any QC issues that stand out.

Look for scratches on the SS panels and plastic trim, panel misalignment, scratched or chipped glass, missing FS goodies, the VIN number matches, etc.
I haven't heard of the 100-mile number before. Most folks seem to be indicating a week.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
I'm an easy going guy. My delivery day checklist:

-Check for exterior or interior damage and if any found, take pictures as proof for a future service call.
-Check if doors open
-Check if vehicle powers on

If the above checks out and is acceptable, drive home. :D

edh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 M3P, 2022 MYP, 2023 M3, 2024 Cyber (waiting)
Country flag
I haven't heard of the 100-mile number before. Most folks seem to be indicating a week.
It seems to be arbitrary based on your SC. Our last one (a M3 about 6 months ago) we were told 48 hours, 100 miles. My MYP in 2022 was the same. I have family members out of state that were at 72 hours & 100 miles. It may be different for CT, but it's not documented anywhere on teslas site (that I could find).

M0unt41nm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford F350 Plat, 22 F150 Plat, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Country flag
It seems to be arbitrary based on your SC. Our last one (a M3 about 6 months ago) we were told 48 hours, 100 miles. My MYP in 2022 was the same. I have family members out of state that were at 72 hours & 100 miles. It may be different for CT, but it's not documented anywhere on teslas site (that I could find).
Im gonna fight that one and scratch it out if it’s in writing. I live about 170 miles from my pickup and the 100 mile thing isn’t acceptable. I think a week (for me at least) is fair.

edh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 M3P, 2022 MYP, 2023 M3, 2024 Cyber (waiting)
Country flag
Im gonna fight that one and scratch it out if it’s in writing. I live about 170 miles from my pickup and the 100 mile thing isn’t acceptable. I think a week (for me at least) is fair.
My experience with tesla is that they are not like car dealers, and they basically have a take it or leave it attitude.

Everything is digital, and from corporate, so there won't be any scratching out - the local centers have zero authority for something like this.

The 48h/100m (or whatever it is) thing is for obvious delivery issues and cosmetic defects (scratches, dents, interior panel issues etc..) not other things that will be covered by warranty later.

If I were that far from the center, I'd plan to get there early and spend whatever time you need visually inspecting everything so you can document it before you get on the road. Once it's documented with them, you are good. There is another thread on here that has a delivery checklist that might be helpful.

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
I just spent some time putting together a reminders checklist on my iPhone with subtasks for each major area. Shared it with my wife so when we do delivery we can both attack the massive list together.

M0unt41nm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford F350 Plat, 22 F150 Plat, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Country flag
My experience with tesla is that they are not like car dealers, and they basically have a take it or leave it attitude.

Everything is digital, and from corporate, so there won't be any scratching out - the local centers have zero authority for something like this.

The 48h/100m (or whatever it is) thing is for obvious delivery issues and cosmetic defects (scratches, dents, interior panel issues etc..) not other things that will be covered by warranty later.

If I were that far from the center, I'd plan to get there early and spend whatever time you need visually inspecting everything so you can document it before you get on the road. Once it's documented with them, you are good. There is another thread on here that has a delivery checklist that might be helpful.
Duly noted. I will do that. I’ll even take the 48 hours. It’s the 100 mile limit I have an issue with for obvious reasons.
Sponsored

Reactions: edh