Exact dimensions of Cybertruck? Will it fit in 19 ft deep garage?

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
That’s what I use now with two relatively short cars in an oversized garage.

Now that I think about it, the CT’s flat-ish windshield will increase that method’s accuracy, as long as the CT’s height setting is consistent. Good call, Carissa.
The low slope windshield will decrease accuracy if the string changes length with changes in temperature or humidity, or the rafters change height.
Sponsored

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
The low slope windshield will decrease accuracy if the string changes length with changes in temperature or humidity, or the rafters change height.
Dang, HA, you forgot that "/s" at the end of your comment! :p

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Dang, HA, you forgot that "/s" at the end of your comment! :p
That's probably because the person who introduced the idea of the low-slope windshield increasing accuracy didn't put a /s either! 😉

I think due to the fact that even changes in temperature of the tires or the air suspension or small changes in tire pressure, can impact the height of the Cybertruck, that a low slope roof actually decreases the accuracy of the parking position using the ball/string method. Not that it's enough to matter in most situations, but you are the one who introduced the concept. A perfectly vertical windshield would provide the utmost in accuracy.

Art O'Connor

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2010 Chevrolet K2500HD PU
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
My Silverado 2500HD with a 6.5' bed is 20 feet long. I hope Elon has not shrunk the CT to where it WILL fit in a 19 ft. garage ...

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
We always use the tennis ball on a string method. It's easy to work around or toss up into the rafters to get it out of the way.

-Crissa
If you take the string of the tennis ball and drop it from a pulley or eye bolt and attach it to the garage door. When the door comes up, the ball lowers. When the door goes down, the ball moves up out of your way!

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
That's probably because the person who introduced the idea of the low-slope windshield increasing accuracy didn't put a /s either! 😉

I think due to the fact that even changes in temperature of the tires or the air suspension or small changes in tire pressure, can impact the height of the Cybertruck, that a low slope roof actually decreases the accuracy of the parking position using the ball/string method. Not that it's enough to matter in most situations, but you are the one who introduced the concept. A perfectly vertical windshield would provide the utmost in accuracy.
I wasn't focused on the slope of the windshield, but rather how flat(ish) it is, horizontally. My car's windshields have enough curve that, when I hang the tennis ball so that it lands in front of the driver's position a slight difference in the car's location, from left to right, changes how far the car is from the garage door.

You're correct about the slope, though. The CT's windshield slope is about 19º. My Corvette's windshield seems to have a low angle, but it's 26º.

For grins, here is a collage of a photo of a Corvette that looks like mine, overlaid in front of an image of the Cybertruck (prototype, I think). You can get an idea of how the horizontal curve of the 'Vette's windshield would work with the tennis ball as compared to the slope of the CT's.
Tesla Cybertruck Exact dimensions of Cybertruck? Will it fit in 19 ft deep garage? CT behind Vette

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'd hope the cybertruck could park itself in a tight space.
If the CT is a hair short of the 19’, and the garage is 20’ depth, that’s one problem set - tennis balls, self-parking, etc., are all practical options.

But if the CT is a hair shorter than 19’ and the garage is 19’ deep as the OP posited, none of the usual and discussed solutions will be practical on a daily basis for a lot of people. (And self-parking wouldn’t abide.)

mprimo

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, BMW X6
Occupation
US Government
Country flag
It was revealed as 231 X 79.8. I think they trimmed 4" in length, and the 79.8 includes the fenders, making your 78" a good ballpark for the main body.
That gigantic thing was around 241 X 84. You can see how massive it was in the tug of war video. The F150 is 79 X 231.

mprimo

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, BMW X6
Occupation
US Government
Country flag
CT is not a Fancy car, it's a pickup and don't need to sleep in a garage. It's my view point, but I respect the other view points to ! ;) 🤙
It’s an EV that needs to charge. My set up is in the garage, can’t run cables out to the street.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
That gigantic thing was around 241 X 84. You can see how massive it was in the tug of war video. The F150 is 79 X 231.
Yes, the prototype was. What people don't get was that thing was not an exact spec build of the planned cybertruck. The specs posted on the screen at delivery were what I quoted, not the dimensions of the proto. The proto was an approximation thrown together in 2 weeks loosely on a Model X base. This was known at the time from Motortrend who had access to the truck and the team. We now know from Musk's biography it was at least partly because Elon was sick of the team resisting his idea and just said "we're having a reveal, go build it now! 2 weeks!" But the proto was never the planned dimensions, the plan was always to be the size of the most common F150. So you have to get under 80" for standard width rating, and I do think they trimmed the length a little extra from the plan to make it easier to park.

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Toyota Sienna, Pleasure-way RV
Occupation
Air Force Officer (ret), Investor, E-Commerce
Country flag
I found this type of device to be the most fool-proof method to park in the exact place that allows my garage door to close with a defined clearance:
Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 10.26.23 PM.png

Bolted to the garage floor with some substantial concrete anchors, with the vehicle eased up to kiss them, they will stop you at exactly the same distance every time.

Downsides:
That spot in the garage is then dedicated to the CT because of its short front overhang.
Tripping hazard when the vehicle is not there.
Installation really needs a hammer drill and good concrete screws.
Hang ping-pong ball from ceiling to touch windshield.

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
Just seems like something a robot with a bunch of sensors could do better than a human with 2 eyeballs in bad location.
Sponsored