Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
It wasn't an obvious issue that delivery missed, that's why. This was an early build, and we all know early builds have some teething issues...even from company's with over 100 years of experience (see Ford Bronco motors grenading, MachE's roofs flying off, etc.).
Im not saying this is the end of the world or anything. But CT is 100k how much are those Ford's?

Do we have confirmation about it not being present at delivery? I'm inclined to believe it but idk who ridge is or where people are finding this info
Sponsored

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Not sure why MKBHD even mentioned it. A little Loctite Blue and what, 60 seconds with a wrench (and that includes taking it out, finding the right bit and putting it away) and you're done. Will likely never again be an issue.

I hope he doesn't do a McD's review because their burgers looks nothing like they do in ads.

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
OMG what drama. I've had to adjust strikers on many of my cars, not just Teslas, big whoopdie dooooo... of those 5 mins required, 4 of them are spent looking for the tool. I bet SC would fix this without an appointment if you just pulled up!

Betting door looked OK at delivery, striker was not tight enough and loosened up like this after delivery. The root cause has been fixed. So either take to SC or pull out your big girl tools and tighten it yourself. No wait... must put it on the interwebs and monetize!!! MKBHD is speaking from his arse proclaiming this as a door gap issue on a truck he doesn't own or know history just to get clicks. While hyping all the terrible extreme lows (lol), he stated the battery extender will weigh several thousand pounds when it will be well under 1000lb (700ish?)... exaggerating for clicks? or just clueless? either way won't click on that misinformational clickbaiter anymore.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
You guys dont have to defend tesla they are big boys/girls.

MKBHD is doing his job. Which is to make content and inform his audience.

Some people would like to buy a 100k vehicle that doesnt have the door misaligned after 1 month.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Calling a loose striker "panel gaps" and claiming the extended battery weighs several thousand pounds is mis-informational.
When it's closed is there not a huge gap between the panels? And he is guessing at the weight for sure (and is wrong) but no one really knows the weight.

He's making money, entertaining people and getting the CT to be made better for when the plebs like me get to buy it.

Sure we have to listen to MSM hit Tesla for another day. But they were gonna find a way either way.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Mine loosened a few days after delivery. Hard to believe it is only 15 trucks.
Gravity's gonna gravity. How much does each door weigh?

Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Im not saying this is the end of the world or anything. But CT is 100k how much are those Ford's?

Do we have confirmation about it not being present at delivery? I'm inclined to believe it but idk who ridge is or where people are finding this info
LOL, Ford Broncos were definitely $100k when bought in 2020 from most dealers (demand crazy).

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
When it's closed is there not a huge gap between the panels? And he is guessing at the weight for sure (and is wrong) but no one really knows the weight.

He's making money, entertaining people and getting the CT to be made better for when the plebs like me get to buy it.

Sure we have to listen to MSM hit Tesla for another day. But they were gonna find a way either way.
If I had a YT channel with a focus on cars, I would try to understand what I'm reviewing, including how a loose part malfunction differs from poor alignment. It's not so much he shared what he saw, it's that he did it in a way to stir up controversy (clicks!!). I would also, before making a video about my battery complaints, educate myself on roughly what a Tesla battery weighs, so when I estimate throwing half of one in the bed, I would not be wildly off in my estimation. I mean, millions of followers might get the wrong idea, but I guess this is too much to expect and I just shouldn't care...

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
LOL, Ford Broncos were definitely $100k when bought in 2020 from most dealers (demand crazy).
Dealers lol

Only CT I saw at a dealer was that porsche one. That was like 289k or something I believe

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
If I had a YT channel with a focus on cars, I would try to understand what I'm reviewing, including how a loose part malfunction differs from poor alignment. It's not so much he shared what he saw, it's that he did it in a way to stir up controversy (clicks!!). I would also, before making a video about my battery complaints, educate myself on roughly what a Tesla battery weighs, so when I estimate throwing half of one in the bed, I would not be wildly off in my estimation. I mean, millions of followers might get the wrong idea, but I guess this is too much to expect and I just shouldn't care...
You seem to care more about the tech guy who talks cars as a side gig more than the 80k truck that people are paying 100k for which needs a fix days after purchase. Or you can't close the door properly.

Not everyone is an auto wizard. He just likes cars lol

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
We’ve come to the point where these issues on a $100k car are acceptable because of Brand Loyalty….. unreal….. Are we ever going to expect Tesla to do better or are we always going to give them a pass?

MKHBD isn’t a car reviewer he’s just an everyday person that loves tech…

Essentially some of you are saying if you don’t know about cars, take delivery and STFU, schedule an appointment. I bet half of you saying this have never turned a wrench in your life 🤣

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
$100k from Market Adjustment is different from $100k MSRP. Anyone paying $100k for a Bronco including the Raptor is crazy.

Ridge is a wallet manufacturer (love their products) and the CT goes well with what they are selling

https://ridge.com/
Sponsored