Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
It's like the guy with the s
this happened on my 2007 Acura MDX. anyone can tighten 2 bolts with an impact wrench and fix it in no time. not even worth getting a service appt. likely a torx head and tighten it
Its like the post about the smudge on the windshield getting a service appt.
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Not sure why MKBHD even mentioned it. A little Loctite Blue and what, 60 seconds with a wrench (and that includes taking it out, finding the right bit and putting it away) and you're done. Will likely never again be an issue.

I hope he doesn't do a McD's review because their burgers looks nothing like they do in ads.
Clicks. That's why.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Ridge lent the truck out to youtubers. By the time MKBHD got it, it had probably been through hundreds of dumbass "chop your carrots off" demos. Including some youtube shock value clickbait chopping attempts on "stuff".

So, not giving an excuse, but this is to be had with a grain of salt.

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
Ridge lent the truck out to youtubers. By the time MKBHD got it, it had probably been through hundreds of dumbass "chop your carrots off" demos. Including some youtube shock value clickbait chopping attempts on "stuff".

So, not giving an excuse, but this is to be had with a grain of salt.
This definitely adds some important context though. Obviously, there has been some quality issues upon delivery, and that is my main issue, regardless of severity. That said, Tesla can't/shouldn't be blamed for something that could very well have been caused by someone (possibly) beating up the vehicle.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
This definitely adds some important context though. Obviously, there has been some quality issues upon delivery, and that is my main issue, regardless of severity. That said, Tesla can't/shouldn't be blamed for something that could very well have been caused by someone (possibly) beating up the vehicle.
I do think it's probably not a beating issue. Just because we have other members who have had it. And yes, vehicles have issues over time. But I am just imagining if I had done the Tesla stretch to get this awesome truck and then it had that kind of issue.

I may be in the minority here but it makes it feel unsafe and that's hard to come back from. I mean, (this is entirely unlikely and ridiculous) what if both screws failed and your giant bullet proof door swung open on a turn and smashed into something or someone?

Idk, it's not the end of the world. But still

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
I do think it's probably not a beating issue. Just because we have other members who have had it. And yes, vehicles have issues over time. But I am just imagining if I had done the Tesla stretch to get this awesome truck and then it had that kind of issue.

I may be in the minority here but it makes it feel unsafe and that's hard to come back from. I mean, (this is entirely unlikely and ridiculous) what if both screws failed and your giant bullet proof door swung open on a turn and smashed into something or someone?

Idk, it's not the end of the world. But still
Oh I get it, 100%... no arguments here.

Captairone

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 2500, 2019 Tesla X, 2022 Tesla X Plaid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe Elon is right on the fix, maybe not. WHAT WE KNOW he is wrong about, is the fact that he seems to believe it is perfectly acceptable to deliver a $100k+ (brand new) vehicle to a customer like this. 5 mins? Then what is the excuse for delivering that way???
Are you sure it was delivered with the alignment issue? I would never have accepted it with that issue. Elon's post indicates they have a number of trucks that developed this after delivery (in the field) and have identified the issue and fixed it on the production line.

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
Are you sure it was delivered with the alignment issue? I would never have accepted it with that issue. Elon's post indicates they have a number of trucks that developed this after delivery (in the field) and have identified the issue and fixed it on the production line.
In fairness, I can honestly only speak for what I have read on the forums, which-- is just someone else's perspective, still waiting for my truck. That said, I wouldn't take delivery of my vehicle if I was that upset about the quality issues. I WOULD HOPE, and fully expect, Tesla is taking steps to improve quality, and have no reason to believe otherwise.

A lot of these little things are to be expected on new production... tooling, new employees, etc.. so, I completely understand when they happen, but- for the super obvious things like rips and major misalignments (again, I have only read about), I would expect them to catch those things before they attempted a delivery.

Smokehouse Brown

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Willis
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Country flag
SMH. Theirs some people that just don't notice things as their happening. But to say that it's a panel gap is just dumb.

Cboy7

First Name
Cboy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
What I noticed in mine is that the side panels (or whatever you call it) are both higher than the frunk cover.

I am thinking of sharpening it so if I hit a deer is will already be gutted and ready for BBQ when I load it into the bed.
This is the creative thinking I expect from a Cybertruck owner

sylvius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast FS ordered
Country flag
I’m failing to understand the criticism of MKBHD in this. He cited a real and significant problem and Elon acknowledged it and said it’s an easy fix and is being addressed at the factory. The rest of the video was really pretty positive and the main negative of the truck he cited was all the attention it garners. He also said that while this one was loaned to him that he did buy one for himself (a significant endorsement from someone who usually reviews samples). That’s hardly a kill piece.

And in the famous Fisker review he acknowledged that they have a software update coming but that they also were selling the vehicle with the current software and so it is fair game to review what is available to the general public. I agree with him on that. So may of the YT influencers just say what they are paid to say. His reviews at least seem to aspire to objectivity and I appreciate them. I still consider what he says critically but have found what he says passes the smell test much better than many other videos.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Huh? There is no evidence Elon thinks it's acceptable to deliver a new vehicle like that!

I'm sure he believes it's unacceptable, based on his previous comments on build quality. Where do people come up with zany ideas like this?
They have unrealistic expectations. Somehow a machine that costs X amount should never have an issue. UMM.... it's a machine. It will inevitably have an issue of some sort.

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So you’re saying the truck really isn’t indestructible as claimed and after repeated use of items that are meant to be used repeatedly will fail……

Doesn’t make sense, especially for a safety item like a door latch.
Sponsored