Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired Vet
Country flag
It’s ok I understand, it’s reasonable to defend your Reservation of the door stopper, I have one too.

I mean the Pontiac Aztec sold in bunches, no reason this one shouldn’t sell also.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm probably not the only one who actually likes the Cybertruck styling, but I do. (And I have been driving conventional pickups for 27 years)
That's probably because you understand just how much better it's unique construction is, both in terms of efficiency and how it makes the truck stronger, more rigid and less damage prone. Form follows function. They didn't style it that way just to be flashy or to make something fragile look tough and powerful.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
That's probably because you understand just how much better it's unique construction is, both in terms of efficiency and how it makes the truck stronger, more rigid and less damage prone. Form follows function. They didn't style it that way just to be flashy or to make something fragile look tough and powerful.
Possibly. It could also be that as I walked through the parkinglot today heading to work, I passed a truck with a shoulder-high (I'm 6'3") hood and thought "Man, the driver can't see shit in front of himself. Why does it make sense to put the biggest blind-spot right in front?"

CyberROD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired Vet
Country flag
Right….Tesla has some real truck gurus working over there like Franz 🤣

Some will be in for a big surprise when they start driving this tank, and it’s not going to be good.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag

Some will be in for a big surprise when they start driving this tank, and it’s not going to be good.
WHY are you here?...........

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag

Oh, man, you should resist displaying how little you know about the Cybertruck on a Cybertruck forum. Maybe take it to the Dodge Ram forum and you will find a lot more like-minded people.

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
I'm probably not the only one who actually likes the Cybertruck styling, but I do. (And I have been driving conventional pickups for 27 years)
The CT has an incredibly interesting and innovative design. For someone with who appreciates the modernist design aesthetic, it is awesome.

Some people will look at iconic architecture like the Rothko Chapel or the Guggenheim or the Eames house and say they are stark and ugly while others will appreciate the beauty in the clean lines. Some will prefer the busy, ostentatious gilded age architecture.

Ram/GM/Ford are producing gilded age trucks with shiny-plush-busy-bling everywhere you look inside the cabin. Franz is pushing a modernist design. It will not be to everyone's taste.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag

The look argument is pointless. People like what they like and dislike what they don't. Nobody's mind is going to change. I own a Lightning and never liked the look. It is a truck. but I consider blending in an advantage. I do have to travel into redneck areas and having to explain myself because of what I drive could get old. The beauty of my spot in CT line is by the time it is my turn, it will not be as much of an issue.

There are tons of things I like about Ford like price, spare tire, uncomplicated suspension, quiet, smooth ride, acceleration, the fact that it has a lot of old stuff means I could get a ton of accessories at a reasonable price for it the first week. I could get under the skin and modify stuff easily...... so there are a lot of Pros but there are Cons too. Biggies are 0.56 drag coefficient and having to rely on iffy charging network. I like CT's original look but with wiper and mirror,...... not as much.

Have you seen CT in person? I have not but it seems like people who have, tend to like it more after seeing it. Keep an open mind.

Last edited:

CyberROD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired Vet
Country flag
The look argument is pointless. People like what they like and dislike what they don't. Nobody's mind is going to change. I own a Lightning and never liked the look. It is a truck. but I consider blending in an advantage. I do have to travel into redneck areas and having to explain myself because of what I drive could get old. The beauty of my spot in CT line is by the time it is my turn, it will not be as much of an issue.

There are tons of things I like about Ford like price, spare tire, the fact that it has a lot of old stuff means I could get a ton of accessories at a reasonable price for it the first week. I could get under the skin and modify stuff easily...... so there are a lot of Pros but there are Cons too. Biggies are 5.6 drag coefficient and having to rely on iffy charging network. I like CT's original look but with wiper and mirror,...... not as much.

Have you seen CT in person? I have not but it seems like people who have, tend to like it more after seeing it. Keep an open mind.
I personally have a Reservation and happen to like the look of the CT, I just find it hilarious when some die hards melt when anything negative is said about the CT.

CyberROD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired Vet
Country flag
The CT has an incredibly interesting and innovative design. For someone with who appreciates the modernist design aesthetic, it is awesome.

Some people will look at iconic architecture like the Rothko Chapel or the Guggenheim or the Eames house and say they are stark and ugly while others will appreciate the beauty in the clean lines. Some will prefer the busy, ostentatious gilded age architecture.

Ram/GM/Ford are producing gilded age trucks with shiny-plush-busy-bling everywhere you look inside the cabin. Franz is pushing a modernist design. It will not be to everyone's taste.
It’s a raised DeLorean with a Model 3 interior, what’s innovative about it?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s ok I understand, it’s reasonable to defend your Reservation of the door stopper, I have one too.

I mean the Pontiac Aztec sold in bunches, no reason this one shouldn’t sell also.
Never tried to defend Cybertruck’s looks. I get that it’s polarizing.

You on the other hand and your love affair with soulless dirt haulers…. :ROFLMAO: 😨

CyberROD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired Vet
Country flag
Never tried to defend Cybertruck’s looks. I get that it’s polarizing.

You on the other hand and your love affair with soulless dirt haulers…. :ROFLMAO: 😨
Id say the Raptor, Raptor R and TRX have plenty of soul.

Isnt it Tesla drivers that always fall asleep at the wheel and want self driving cars 🤔 talk about “soulless” 🤣

Can’t wait to get my hands on my CT to be honest.
Sponsored