Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
Elon just tweeted a few hours ago about the Cybertruck:

Article:

Tesla’s Elon Musk shares brief update on Cybertruck’s final design

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-final-design-update-elon-musk/

Elon Musk recently provided a quick update on the highly-anticipated Cybertruck’s development, with the Tesla CEO noting that the all-electric pickup’s final design is looking good. Musk shared his thoughts on Twitter after he visited the vehicle at Tesla’s studio.

The Cybertruck is arguably Tesla’s most radical vehicle to date, thanks in part to its unorthodox brutalist design and angular exoskeleton. Starting at less than $40,000, the Cybertruck has the potential to break into one of the most lucrative vehicle segments in the United States. But to accomplish this, the Cybertruck must have the necessary balance between all-electric performance and classic pickup characteristics.

This is perhaps the reason why Elon Musk and Tesla’s design team have been putting in the effort to refine the vehicle as much as possible before it enters production. So far, Musk has been pretty optimistic about the Cybertruck’s development, noting during the Q4 FY 2020 earnings call that almost all of the engineering surrounding the vehicle had been completed. Musk added that Tesla was no longer iterating at the design level, as the Cybertruck’s designs have already been fixed.

These statements were followed by the CEO’s comments during a recent appearance at the Joe Rogan Experience podcast, where Musk noted that the final version of the Cybertruck would be very similar to the all-electric pickup that was revealed late 2019, save for a 3% size reduction. Musk noted that this reduction would allow the Cybertruck to fit in a Boring Company tunnel without any issues.

Interestingly enough, Musk has taken the Cybertruck through a Boring Company tunnel with veteran talk show host Jay Leno at the wheel. Leno, for his part, noted in a later comment that the Cybertruck was traveling close to the tunnels’ walls when they were driving the all-electric pickup through it.

The all-electric pickup market is poised to be very competitive, with early entries like the Rivian R1T poised to start deliveries later this year. Other all-electric pickups like the Ford F-150 Electric are also expected to be released in the near future, though legacy automakers relying on batteries from South Korean firm SK Innovation may find some challenges in their rollout. This is due to a recent 10-year US import ban against SK Innovation, which was imposed because of a lawsuit from rival battery maker LG Chem.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
It's looking just "?"??

Not looking on ??

or looking like da' ??

I'm hoping for a little bit more excitement from Elon.

Oh well, maybe he's hard to please. Or maybe he's disappointed. Or maybe he pulled an all nighter since he posted that at about 2am PST.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Sadly, I agree that we might not see specs until after the cars start being delivered. Same for the manual. I was so hopeful when he said he would share the designs with the world, but that was early in November. We are moving into a timeframe where Tesla will have to get CT prototypes out on the road for testing, so we will start seeing them in the next couple of months. His window for sharing is closing.

TessP100D

Banned
Banned
First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 P100D
Country flag
This is not the final design IMHO

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
This is not the final design IMHO
They have to start ordering machines at some point given the factory is going up. I admit, I'm ignorant to this process, but I would assume that, as a percentage, we would have to be getting close to 100% (95%? 92%? 99%?) since they're getting closer and closer to sinking costs, as agile as Tesla can be.

How much more time do you think they have to tweak if they want to keep close to the stated production schedule?

bigrin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Honda Pilot, Lexus sc430
Occupation
Professional Investigator
Country flag
A ? with Elon is Fantastic and Great with everyone else.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
It’s maybe nothing but why would he add that he was just in the studio, when he previously said the design was finalized a little while ago. Surely they’re not finalized before he gives them his go. From which time he would not see anything new in the studio concerning CT. Maybe not as finished as stated? I’m probably just going insane from the waiting.

I’m not the one writing an entire analyzing article for every little tweet from Elon though. Although I do appreciate the information about the existence of said tweet. ?

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
It’s maybe nothing but why would he add that he was just in the studio, when he previously said the design was finalized a little while ago. Surely they’re not finalized before he gives them his go. From which time he would not see anything new in the studio concerning CT. Maybe not as finished as stated? I’m probably just going insane from the waiting.

I’m not the one writing an entire analyzing article for every little tweet from Elon though. Although I do appreciate the information about the existence of said tweet. ?
Maybe he reviewed the final design on "Paper" and now he has seen it in real life?

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Maybe he reviewed the final design on "Paper" and now he has seen it in real life?
Yeah, if I were to read anything from recent comments, they finalized the design a few weeks ago, and now Elon's seen it, possibly in a new prototype, render or clay model. Motortrend said the last prototype took two weeks to build. Hopefully they show it soon.

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
I believe earlier the Engineering was complete. But I assume that internal or exerted none structural changes may still have been changed. I'm sure since the Engineering was done that also ment which machines were ordered for bigger/structural stuff.
I have no clue just thinking out loud, and either way any update is still an update. Especially soo many Fudderz still think its Vaperware...
So funny how many website fill up a multi page story with a super tiny Tweet.