Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I sure wish companies would do trucks like this as more than just concepts. I like this so much better than either the Lightning or the Rivian… the Cybertruck is a different kind of thing.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/02/ford-unveils-a-custom-electric-pickup-ahead-of-f-150-lightning-.html

Tesla Cybertruck F150 Eluminator 1635906382011

Tesla Cybertruck F150 Eluminator 1635906406306

Why I like this.
  • Style - Not my favorite year, but it’s way better looking than any modern truck.
  • Ergonomics - The hood and bed and overall ride height are just nicer than modern trucks for most things.
  • Safety - Hood is low enough you can actually see out the front. Rear visibility is also excellent. Mirrors could use some help.
Misses
  • Those wheels… just yuck are those low profile? Maybe a touch bigger would be nice.
  • Need more seats. 2 seats doesn’t cut it, even the original was a bench that fit 3.
  • No Frunk
Sadly, it’s a one-off. I’ve always loved the concept of OEMs doing homage to their roots. I’d probably pick a better year than this, but still way better than most modern trucks.
Sponsored

TomGriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 MS 70D, 17 Bolt Premier, CT Reserved, Yamaha T7
Country flag
I saw that on a youtube video and really liked it as well, agreed not my favorite year but an older looking truck that rode like a modern vehicle would be high on my list if available. I would love to have a 60's truck modified like that, but definitely need 4WD with the old trucks unless you just want to spin your rear wheels.