Instant Compact F150 (Structure matters!)

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
My point is simply that what is possible does not reflect reality.

It is possible every baby born in the past 24 hours was male. I’m pretty sure that did not happen, but it is possible. JBee lives in this land of hypotheticals.

If we are talking about vehicle safety, we are by definition talking about actual driving vehicles on the road. Nobody has ever actually died in an auto accident in the land of hypotheticals.
If your reality exists of comparing the performance of non-related items sure, my hypothetical world is just plane nuts. :eek: :oops: :ROFLMAO:

If you jump off a bridge onto a concrete slab, or into water, please demonstrate how the deceleration difference is a direct result of your "mass".

You are making comparisons based on mass, which is simply not why different vehicles brake at different rates. Your conclusions are also false if based on that premise.

In Ogres hypothetical world one would expect two exact same vehicles with the same mass, to brake at the same deceleration rate, even though one of those vehicle has no brakes at all. Are you seriously asking me to agree with this comparison? I think it's time to pump the brakes on this wild fantasy mate!

Cvalue13 makes a relevant and reasonable comparison to acceleration from 0-60MPH, which is no different than "acceleration" from 0-60MPH. Deceleration and acceleration are synonymous in physics, as they only denote the change in vector relative to a plane of reference.

Hence the motor "horsepower" required to accelerate a mass is the same "brake horsepower" to decelerate that same mass with friction brakes. (BTW which is actually tested using "brakes"). Most cars have friction brakes that can convert up to around 1MW of power (1300HP), by converting momentum into heat energy.

This is also why, as previously mentioned, the Tesla Plaid MS can accelerate and decelerate at nearly the same rate.

If you want to say a Smart has a shorter stopping distance than a truck/SUV, that's fine by me, but say it's because of it's better brakes compared to it's mass, not its apparent size advantage. 🙂

P.S. I had an Austrian (not Australian) mountaineer buddy once that wanted to test out the performance of climbing helmets. So one day he went to the top of a mountain and threw off a hard helmet and a nice warm wool beanie his mum knit for him. After he climbed down to check the results, he found the helmet smashed into a thousand pieces, but the beanie was intact, so he put it on and wore it happily for the rest of his life and climbing career. 😉
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You keep thinking “Oh I’ll write another page of nonsense which Ogre won’t read to brush over the actual on the ground facts”.

We have data. You keep pretending it doesn‘t exist.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
You keep thinking “Oh I’ll write another page of nonsense which Ogre won’t read to brush over the actual on the ground facts”.

We have data. You keep pretending it doesn‘t exist.
What data compares mass vs deceleration?

Please show.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Yet more people die from fat SUVs that don't brake as well as skinny Smarts, because SUVs have worse brakes! SUV and Smarts are both comparitively low speed high mass wheeled projectiles, with enough impact joules to even be more lethal than a bullet. ;) :ROFLMAO:

I'm serious when I say we should ban cars too. Muct better forms of transport that are safer and less costly on the environment.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
We are constantly improving on gun safety, but have a media 5at tells you otherwise. It’s a lie.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hey guys… getting political here.

Everyone is being nice and has said their piece. Can we let it rest now?

Nobody is “winning” this discussion.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Nah, let's see how long it takes for mass deletions by admins.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Not at all. Reading comprehension is important. You asked whether improving something completely solves all problems. No, in the same way that we've improved cars and people still get injured and die.

It's also not uniquely American.
Sponsored