F150 Lightning Prices leaked . CyberTruck pricing seems much more competitive now

DallasCyberTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TOYOTA TUNDRA
Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
22” wheels? Really? Why? I see no purpose.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, are 22’s better for towing etc?

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
22’s would be worthless for going off the beaten path. But hey, that’s just me. The the $$$$$ ? YIKES!

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
While it's nice to see some more information on Ford. This isn't what makes Cybertruck prices seem competitive. It was already pretty competitive for what it's offering. The price for the Cybertruck, while being an EV, a Truck, and at least what I would consider a luxury vehicle, is very reasonable. Even the single motor is a great truck and for a very reasonable price. While the range isn't great, 250+ could end up being 300.

22” wheels? Really? Why? I see no purpose.
22" wheels on a truck is actually a great option if you ever want to get laughed at in a small town. It's great for clowns, failed comedians, and anyone who has lost all self respect as a truck guy.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
That matches the Ford survey I received on my lightning reservation.

The CT is definitely the better value at this point. Unfortunately there are lots of factors in play for me, including when my number is called for either, final price/features, etc.

Ideally both Tesla and Ford will have everything finalized soon so consumers can make informed decisions between the two. I somehow suspect that will not be the case and I'm expecting Ford to put on the pressure to sign before I know all the facts.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
22" wheels on a truck is actually a great option if you ever want to get laughed at in a small town. It's great for clowns, failed comedians, and anyone who has lost all self respect as a truck guy.
Who do you think buys $90k trucks?

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I somehow suspect that will not be the case and I'm expecting Ford to put on the pressure to sign before I know all the facts.
I think you are correct. I think Ford will ask you to commit when you don't know what CT production volumes will be. The question is, if you don't know when you are getting your CT and how much it will cost at that time, would you order or cancel your lightening? Assuming you have seen CT update and it is slightly better than original and there is no markup on lightening.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think you are correct. I think Ford will ask you to commit when you don't know what CT production volumes will be. The question is, if you don't know when you are getting your CT and how much it will cost at that time, would you order or cancel your lightening? Assuming you have seen CT update and it is slightly better than original and there is no markup on lightening.
I've seen a lot of people talking about how they would switch the the Lightning for just an earlier delivery date. Some of those people don't mention the performance, range or price.

I think Ford will take a lot of Cybertruck preorder customers if they can get the Lightning much earlier. Some people love the Cybertruck and some people just want an electric truck.

I will personally wait patiently for my Cybertruck. Nothing worse to me than to spend a ton of money on something when it's not even the one I really wanted in the first place. If I jumped in the Lightning and I have stalks, I don't have the Tesla display, I don't have a vault, I don't have a shiny UFO looking exerior, I'd probably regret my purchase every day I look at the Lightning in my drive way. With that in Mind, waiting for possibly a year longer to get the Cybertruck over the Lightning is completely worth it to me.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will wait patiently as well. The CT is everything I have ever wanted in a truck! I placed order on 6th day and if I’m not mistaken, order went through on the 7th. So, I’m back a ways, but am very happy with my place. We just moved into a new home and we have big plans for solar. So, I think it will work out well for us and am very ready if I even got a call today to say “ configure please” lol. There is NOT one single Truck on the market that I would consider! Not one. I don’t care about having the first Electric truck. Not at all. I care about having the best electric truck ever made! I feel we have more surprises coming to us in the near future.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
The question is, if you don't know when you are getting your CT and how much it will cost at that time, would you order or cancel your lightening? Assuming you have seen CT update and it is slightly better than original and there is no markup on lightening.
That is the million dollar question. As with many things in life, I will have to make that decision using the best info available at that time. All things equal, I pick the CT since it is the best value, but I suspect I will have to go with another option if I am looking to buy in 2022 (my CT reservation was not placed until 1Q '21). Maybe that is the Lightning, maybe an ICE truck to bridge the gap for my CT reservation.... time will tell.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
So, are 22’s better for towing etc?
No. They are also a firmer ride, where all the road imperfections transmit through to the driver because there is less side wall flex to muffle the vibrations that the metal of the wheel transfer with high efficiency.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
That is the million dollar question. As with many things in life, I will have to make that decision using the best info available at that time. All things equal, I pick the CT since it is the best value, but I suspect I will have to go with another option if I am looking to buy in 2022 (my CT reservation was not placed until 1Q '21). Maybe that is the Lightning, maybe an ICE truck to bridge the gap for my CT reservation.... time will tell.
I am on the same boat.

1 - I have never been big on being on standby (plane rides, relationships, ...). With CT it is the first time I got myself in a standby situation intentionally. I know it will be the minimum of 3-4 years for me. Life is short (I know several people my age that have already had their first heart attack).

2 - I have liked most of the cars I have owned, with lightening, that won't be the case. If I get one, it will be bare bone work truck. The only other EV that I like other than CT is Rivian and I have no reservation there so that probably won't be any sooner than CT if I got in today plus it is $20K more than I would like to pay and slightly less functional than CT.

At this point, I am thinking to hold off as long as I can, may be by 2022 car market cools down. If my truck dies, I may just get an ICE (may be the new Frontier or Pathfinder) and see how I feel when my number comes up with CT.

There is never a crystal ball when you need one.
Sponsored