First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
Nice vid.

A lot of people rely on dealer network and service for peace of mind in new vehicle purchase. Cost of insurance, accident repair and other service issues a concern for those used to big dealer networks. Tesla has yet to prove its service network on large scale. But I'm willing to give it a shot for all the other advantages of CT.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
A lot of people rely on dealer network and service for peace of mind in new vehicle purchase. Cost of insurance, accident repair and other service issues a concern for those used to big dealer networks. Tesla has yet to prove its service network on large scale. But I'm willing to give it a shot for all the other advantages of CT.
A lot of those dealerships & service centers are going away no matter what.
Electrification of transportation drive systems & more solid state technology means fewer service visits and much lower profit from service.

Just like 50 -60 years ago every neighborhood had a local TV & radio repair shop.
I remember going to Sears to buy tubes to repair our TV.
There are many times more TVs, radios & TV like devices exist today.
How many TV & radio repair shops in your neighborhoods today?

There will be a lot fewer Ford, GMC/Chevy and other brands locations in the future because the EV technology needs far less service. So the number of service location that Tesla has will still grow but Ford, GMC/Chevy and other brands will lose a significant number of their locations at the same time.
So many former ICE buyers who prioritize service will still have to adjust to there being fewer locations.

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
The Lightning will be compelling for the Traditional Pick-up truck buyer. Those buyers focused on Specs will choose Cyber Truck.
Here's my video on the subject.
Nailed it.

Luv “ Thanks, that’s it for now!”

Paul Havey would be proud

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
So many former ICE buyers who prioritize service will still have to adjust to there being fewer locations.
My prediction is that a lot of EV servicing will be mobile techs with all their equipment in a Cybervan service vehicle. They will come to you on your schedule just like the mobile windshield techs do now.
If I were a young tech minded guy that was looking for future job security I would hitch my wagon to becoming well versed in all types of EV's and how to service/repair them.
The major players should already be planning for this and have a training program on hot standby.
Technical schools should already be ramping up to teach students all aspects of EV repair to include bodywork.
Just my two cents for what they're worth.
Sponsored