Factory of the Future (SpaceX/ Cybertruck)

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I forgot one other major challenge with dualies, they simply won't fit even with the wheel arches extensions on the outside, without reducing the inside bed width. Even with the singles its already on the limit because there are no wheel arches in the bed.
Sponsored

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I forgot one other major challenge with dualies, they simply won't fit even with the wheel arches extensions on the outside, without reducing the inside bed width. Even with the singles its already on the limit because there are no wheel arches in the bed.
Having no wheel arches underneath the bed is such an underrated design feature of the Cybertruck given its size. I wonder why legacy OEMs couldn't offer this while maintaining the same footprint.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Look at the render carefully, it's not just the plastic wheel arches that extend further outward but the stainless steel body as well. Anyway you'd need to do this whether you go for a dually or super single setup.

A Cybertruck will have active suspension and rear wheel turning, which a dually setup would negate the advantages from. These stabilize the load at speed, which a dually does not; the advantage of a dually is spreading the load out on more tire.

Towing isn't my jam, so I can't say for sure, but we're talking modern trucks here. And control matters, not just not popping your tires.

-Crissa
A dually does not negate the possibility of air suspension and rear wheel steering.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Look at the render carefully, it's not just the plastic wheel arches that extend further outward but the stainless steel body as well. Anyway you'd need to do this whether you go for a dually or super single setup.

A dually does not negate the possibility of air suspension and rear wheel steering.
A super single wouldn't need the bulge at all, you can get them slimmer than the rubber the CT wears. They really just have a higher load rating.

Dualie could have air suspension but not the rear steering as it's nigh impossible to get the steering knuckle angle to work so the pivot point is in the center of the contact patch. It will be hard enough with the one wheel they have given the wheel arches and bed constraints.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Are we comparing like for like (i.e. same diameter)? If you look at semi trucks the width of the super single is not meaningfully different to the dually configuration.

Anyway it's a bit of a moot argument as I forgot about the sail pillars on the Cybertruck, that alone would make a heavy duty version fairly pointless.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Where are you getting the notion that the sail pillars are lower than some truck beds? I've always maintained that the fact you can't reach in from the bed sides is an overblown issue and with the steps on the bumper/running board you should be able to grab stuff from the bed anyway but that's not what I'm referring to here.

I'm referring to the fact that fifth wheel/gooseneck towing is going to be a PITA and downright impossible with many trailers due to the sail pillars. I doubt many buyers in that market segment will be willing to live with those compromises. That's before mentioning the inability to accommodate custom beds/cabs.

These aren't problems in the light duty market segment, which the Cybertruck competes in, but do become issues in the medium/heavy duty segment. If they are interested in competing in that market, and when pack density will allow, they should put in production the design they teased at the Semi unveil.

Tesla Cybertruck Factory of the Future (SpaceX/ Cybertruck) tesla-pickup-concept.0.0

MikeF

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Denali
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I would love this configuration without the Dually rear axle. The Cargo Shell would be a great add-on. I would like a Camera Turret however.
Just want to point out that all of the racks, lights, brush guard, etc are going to eat into range something horrible.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Only way I care about more than 2 tires in the back is if the truck can do this

MikeF

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Denali
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
Just want to point out that all of the racks, lights, brush guard, etc are going to eat into range something horrible.
Ogre, I heard the CT batteries can be re-charged. Not everyone needs all 500 miles range all the time.

The rendered images of the Tesla Cybertruck Off-Road (from the mind of Shubbak3d dot com) with the Dually rear axle, is from these links to Shubbak3d dot com, and the image can be manipulated with ease to view the Tesla Cybertruck from any desired angle. This image looking down from above reveals the view inside through the windshield and roof. and through the Cargo Carrier into the open box of the CT renders. TOO COOL!!! These Rendered images show the skills of very talented 3d Artists, and not images directly from the Tesla Design Studio.

Artist's page - https://www.shubbak3d.com/product/tesla-cybertruck-off-road/
Cool 3D viewer - https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/tesla-cybertruck-off-road-2823e1dce830428c9c765dd29f2ad4a7
Tesla Cybertruck Factory of the Future (SpaceX/ Cybertruck) Shubback3dModels_TeslaCybertruckOffRoad_InspectorDemonstration_20220614_1242_MDT.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Factory of the Future (SpaceX/ Cybertruck) Cybertruck_3dViewer_OverheadInterior2.JPG

How about a CT that looks like a Radio-Controlled Scale Rock Crawler Monster Truck?
Tesla Cybertruck Factory of the Future (SpaceX/ Cybertruck) Shubbak3D-Tesla-CyberTruck-Monster-Mode

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ogre, I heard the CT batteries can be re-charged. Not everyone needs all 500 miles range all the time.

The rendered images of the Tesla Cybertruck Off-Road (from the mind of Shubbak3d dot com) with the Dually rear axle, is from these links to Shubbak3d dot com, and the image can be manipulated with ease to view the Tesla Cybertruck from any desired angle. This image looking down from above reveals the view inside through the windshield and roof. and through the Cargo Carrier into the open box of the CT renders. TOO COOL!!! These Rendered images show the skills of very talented 3d Artists, and not images directly from the Tesla Design Studio.

Cool 3D viewer - https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/tesla-cybertruck-off-road-2823e1dce830428c9c765dd29f2ad4a7
Shubback3dModels_TeslaCybertruckOffRoad_InspectorDemonstration_20220614_1242_MDT.JPG

Cybertruck_3dViewer_OverheadInterior2.JPG

How about a CT that looks like a Radio-Controlled Scale Rock Crawler Monster Truck?
Shubbak3D-Tesla-CyberTruck-Monster-Mode.jpg
Art is great on the wall. The great thing about art is those pesky laws of physics don’t get in the way.

I drive a Tesla with a bunch of extra drag and had to deal with trips with 30% more charging stops. So hard for me to see pictures with even more junk hanging in the breeze it’s hard for me to not comment.

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some of the comments re duallies are a bit head scratching as it is not ar all what i have experienced.

My brother and i both have ford f350's. Mine is a dually, his is single.

Same engine, suspension, trans, everything. Towing an 8000lb trailer is way more stable in the dually vs the single rear.

The wide ass helps alot at highway speeds against road ruts, wind, bumps, turns. ect...

If you're trailering heavy often, dually is the way to go.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag

Shubback3dModels_TeslaCybertruckOffRoad_InspectorDemonstration_20220614_1242_MDT.JPG

Cybertruck_3dViewer_OverheadInterior2.JPG

Shubbak3D-Tesla-CyberTruck-Monster-Mode.jpg
For the monster tires, how much use will that tiny spare offer if a flat occurs?
Sponsored