Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
not bad, too wide of a swing, needs a stop earlier
Why? Wouldn't anyone want to have it swing all the out to have room to load? I've never seen any swing arm stop early.
Sponsored

elyliu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD, Model X 90D, Model 3 AWD
Country flag
Can you provide a picture of the rear camera feed from the center screen?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
My F-150 has a spare under the bed, forward of the tailgate. It's been down there 14 years and I've never used it. When the truck was new, I used to keep it aired up. But then I realized I'll never use it and stopped maintaining it. 14 years later I've never used it. Never needed the tire plugs I carry either. But I would much rather have plugs that I'll never use than an entire tire/wheel assembly. When I buy new tires, I only buy 4 and never think of replacing the spare too.
I've been trying to replace my aged spare on my Mazda - we've never used it and it's over ten years old - and haven't been able to find the replacement anywhere.

-Crissa

CarMan ElecTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
Looks like a windup toy now… kinda cool. 👍

Or the Penny Racers which popped wheelies…

OP
OP
Cybertruck 1974

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
my '94 Bronco swings off to the side with a stop, i'd say at a 45 degree angle, doesn't swing away hard and fast and boom against the stop, and makes it easier to grab to swing back into position after you close the tailgate and off you go. also reduces possible damage to the side of the truck with a larger tire mounted and not only that, reduces possibility of the tire swinging into your neighbor parked next to you at home depot when you're loading that lumber.
Huh? I've never had that problem. All of my swing arms on my Hummer, Jeep and now Cybertruck have resistance when opening. Are you throwing the thing open as hard as you can? 🤣 Maybe lift a few weights daily and in a month you'll be fine.

SmittyVegas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited
Occupation
H/A Consultant
Country flag
Blocks view of rear license plate so probably not legal?

Silva111

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Tesla
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'll buy one with a propane grill attachment or an electric flat iro, or a TV mount? I can test it! 😀

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
That's legit badass! But if they're calling this a true Cybertruck integrated solution it should have a way to relocate the camera.

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
A solution for camera and plate would be a carrier with an offset mounting to one side. No real reason to have it centered.

sylvius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast FS ordered
Country flag
A solution for camera and plate would be a carrier with an offset mounting to one side. No real reason to have it centered.
On a 35” tire I think even offset it will cross the midline of the truck and block the camera.

as for the license plate, I’m pretty sure in PA it’s legal to block the plate with a rear cargo carrier that’s in use but not when not in use. So a bike rack with bikes in it is ok but an empty rack folded up and blocking the plates they could technically pull you over. I’m sure other states have different rules about it.

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
Does it come with an idiot proof tailgate disabler? It's gonna happen. Nice idea but too many downsides. Wind drag, cost, inconvenience, camera blocked, shimmy, increased length and it doesn't seem like a tight fit. Hope to see more of your thoughts after practical experience.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Wow, good for you. As for me. I off road and drive 30k miles a year and go through a tire a year. Plugs would never work in any of my flats. So again, good. For. You.
Have you ever even used tire plugs? It doesn't sound like it.
Sponsored