Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I'm not too excited. My guestimated delivery date is July 2026 or there abouts.
Any Aussie would be wrapped to get it Christmas Day 2025.
ps l'm building a 'STOCKING'
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
I think that was the Tesla light show synchrony time.
Well, of course it was. The question is ... Why did they do the show at 9:05 instead of top of the hour and second, why did they bother to show the time in the first place?

It's almost like someone at Tesla said "Hey, start your show at 9:05. Why? Well, you'll see."

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
Well, of course it was. The question is ... Why did they do the show at 9:05 instead of top of the hour and second, why did they bother to show the time in the first place?

It's almost like someone at Tesla said "Hey, start your show at 9:05. Why? Well, you'll see."
Could also be because ideal darkness happens around an hour after sunset with best visibility for light show.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Could also be because ideal darkness happens around an hour after sunset with best visibility for light show.
Do you believe the light was significantly/noticeably better at 9:05 v 9:00? What about 9:10? Was that 9:05PM, or 9 mins 05 sec until start? Why show it at all? Are we just so desperate for any hint we will jump at anything? Who‘s buried in Grant’s tomb? What is the sound of one hand clapping? If a man makes a comment to his wife in a forest, is he still wrong? What would a chair look like if your knees bent the other way?

Dammit Jim, we have questions here!

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
Do you believe the light was significantly/noticeably better at 9:05 v 9:00? What about 9:10? Was that 9:05PM, or 9 mins 05 sec until start? Why show it at all? Are we just so desperate for any hint we will jump at anything? Who‘s buried in Grant’s tomb? What is the sound of one hand clapping? If a man makes a comment to his wife in a forest, is he still wrong? What would a chair look like if your knees bent the other way?

Dammit Jim, we have questions here!
Your sarcasm is exactly my point, doc. ;)

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I find it hard to believe TOSV are that in the know and that Tesla would leak to them to create some cool Easter egg….

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I find it hard to believe TOSV are that in the know and that Tesla would leak to them to create some cool Easter egg….
Me, too. BUT, I could see TOSV reaching out to invite Tesla to bring a Cybertruck for the lightshow and the representative saying "We can't make it to your event but if you'd start it at 9:05, it would be pretty cool."

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So... during next month's delivery event on the 5th... (ahem)
How many Cybertrucks do you think will actually be handed over to internal employees, early pre-orderers, and me?

(This isn't meant to argue the date, that was put in there in jest. I'd like to know if there is a consensus on how many will be turned over)

In the past, they've only released a small handful, right?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
So... during next month's delivery event on the 5th... (ahem)
How many Cybertrucks do you think will actually be handed over to internal employees, early pre-orderers, and me?

(This isn't meant to argue the date, that was put in there in jest. I'd like to know if there is a consensus on how many will be turned over)

In the past, they've only released a small handful, right?
small handful of late stage RC units

those ‘buyers’ are essentially getting de-risked test mules

accordingly, unclear what the ‘purchase’ conditions are, since they’re not exactly arms-length buyers (employees and other stakeholders), and they’re not receiving vehicles that are exactly ready for prime time

regarding timing: I wouldn’t be getting that ‘late stage’ RCs will be available next month, for several reasons including:

• Tesla’s change in communication between April 20th (“end of Q3”) and July 19th (“before end of year” plus a lot of “timing depends on the weakest link in 10,000 new components and processes”)

• the first early stage RC was announced July 15, and we’re not yet seeing them exactly flood GFTX

For a new platform play like the CT, utilizing such (drastically) new assembly tech, we might expect hundreds of early stage RCs to be built before there are then hundreds of late stage RCs built

Could be less, but shouldn’t be surprised or disappointed if more.
Sponsored