Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There is no super engineering here, just to keep legit competitors from copying design too close… and even that protection is pretty limited.

Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats (& center seat) confirmed in new Cybertruck patent! Points to possible pass through? 1640243777978

Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats (& center seat) confirmed in new Cybertruck patent! Points to possible pass through? 1640243807434

Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats (& center seat) confirmed in new Cybertruck patent! Points to possible pass through? 1640243838147

Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats (& center seat) confirmed in new Cybertruck patent! Points to possible pass through? 1640243879809

Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats (& center seat) confirmed in new Cybertruck patent! Points to possible pass through? 1640243941697
Sponsored

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Does anyone have access to the full application because i couldn't find it. As you all know, the USPTO will not issue a patent unless a demonstratable novelty is shown. Folding seats is not novel, nor anything on the wish list, so i need the text to see what they were trying to claim as novel in their design.
Patents that start with "D" are design patents and are purely to stop others from copying something visually.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
But what about cup holders? I need a cup holder that isn't in the seat or center console to prevent dog who is my copilot and thinks that intensely watching and drooling on my drink cup while I eat French fries and drive is de rigueur copiloting from completing his mission to have me die of dehydration and thereby score all of the French fries. For the love of undiluted liquid, Tesla put out the patent for the door panels already! Please include the side mirror displays and stop teasing me with folding seats that show beautifully useless cup holders. Ohhh gawdddd...

Last edited:

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
Those rear seats that look like they’re hovering are probably like an F-150, which has a TON of space UNDER the rear seat… plus they fold up entirely giving you a huge flat area for carrying stuff.

I used that fold up space nearly as often as the truck bed for carrying everyday items like groceries.

Zinc

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, Tesla Cybertruck order 1 year.
Country flag
The same buttons in my gladiator which behind the rear seat is the subwoofer and small storage areas. Gladiator has terrible storage. Would be cool to have a pass through but doubtful. The center console on the CT looks wide, like an old Hummer.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
Wondering why this needs a patent?
Sometimes its just a matter of style, not function.

It’s like Apple‘s design patents. There have been a lot of all-in-one computers over the years, but none have ever looked like the original Mac… or the iMac.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Don't get too excited. For those of you out there for which the CT will be you first truck, many trucks rear seats come forward...without a pass through to the bed.
I'm not saying there won't be a pass through, I'm just saying a rear folding seat does not confirm a pass through.
Exactly.

However, by the time the Cybertruck does finally come out, the truck will be able to fly for short distances....

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That "button" on the top of the back seat sure looks a center seatbelt to me!

I believe I see a 30/70 split on the seat backs which is semi promising for a passthrough, but that's definitely the seatbelt in the patent image. Its also obvious that there is a flip down cushion and cupholder in the center of the backseat per typical expectation.

I love the drawer under the front center, and I'm guessing it will be lockable like current Tesla gloveboxes. The real question for me right now is will there be a glove box and this drawer? :cool:

cjosulli

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tacoma
Country flag
Based on the bed geometry, the bed follows the contour of the rear seats. So folding seats wouldnt make a whole lot of sense as normally thats extra storage for the triangle shaped area between the square bed and back rest. So if they do fold, I say pass through! I didnt take a hard look at the recent bed on the test track though.
Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats (& center seat) confirmed in new Cybertruck patent! Points to possible pass through? Screenshot 2021-12-23 093833

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
I agree rear center looks like seat belt.
In latest CT testing on test track it looks like two storage areas in bed. Wondering if the roll top is now stored under the rear seats to make room for more storage in/under bed. Maybe one is for spare like in Rivian?
Sponsored