Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I am holding out hope for a mid gate. The idea of having tracks that are outboard of the mid gate opening would still allow travel from below the floor for the cover. It can be done but it is going to be a delicate dance of movement and hinges.
Yeah, even the seats fold in such a way the wall could tilt in.

But I'm pretty disheartened. If they had it in the Beta, they'd have been showing it off. And the body-in-white we saw had a structural panel in that space.

-Crissa
Sponsored

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I am holding out hope for a mid gate. The idea of having tracks that are outboard of the mid gate opening would still allow travel from below the floor for the cover. It can be done but it is going to be a delicate dance of movement and hinges.
Tesla can make the 'impossible merely late', however maybe the only thing doable from pics of the giga casting and reference to patents of the rear seat design, we might get a folding middle seat armrest/ski pass thru. Some will be happy if 'that' is all we get.

N. J. Raglione

First Name
NELSON
Threads
Reaction score
431 Chemin De L'Anse Saint-Placide QC J0V2B0
Vehicles
I ORDERED A CYBERTRUCK.
Occupation
RETIRED ON A PENSION.
Country flag
Don't get too excited. For those of you out there for which the CT will be you first truck, many trucks rear seats come forward...without a pass through to the bed.
I'm not saying there won't be a pass through, I'm just saying a rear folding seat does not confirm a pass through.
Who gives a Rat's Ass about pretty wheel covers and pass-throughs? I would like to know if the Cybertruck's rear wheels turn for easier parking and turning ability? And what about that giant windshield washer? Why not simply put two reasonably sized windshield washers?
When it comes to window wipers, I can live with copying every other car and truck on the market today because if the system works why fix it?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The latest CT patent released yesterday...
https://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/search-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1="tesla,+inc".AANM.&OS=AANM/"tesla,+inc"&RS=AANM/"tesla,+inc"

Appears the have front folding center seat in addition to rear folding seats as well!

...now what goodies will be packed in that center seat!?

Also (pointed out by @Ogre) :

Rear seats are spilt 60/40.
Center console looks like a cute little robot.
Rear seats apparently hover off the floor.

a6c610af-3b77-46f4-b994-59805fb59b1e-jpeg.jpg
The rear seats actually do hover off the floor.

Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats (& center seat) confirmed in new Cybertruck patent! Points to possible pass through? 1678221210330

Fugue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR FSD, camper van, CT3 FSD preordered
Occupation
Tech Industry Grunt
Country flag

1678221210330.png
That's great for storage.

But hear me out here. Maybe the seats fold up and stay attached to the back wall so a midgate can come down.

Or the seats are removable and you get a flat floor with no seat mounts.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That's great for storage.

But hear me out here. Maybe the seats fold up and stay attached to the back wall so a midgate can come down.

Or the seats are removable and you get a flat floor with no seat mounts.
Don’t care a ton about midgate, but pulling the seats out is big on my list. Just having the fold up hover seats is nice. If I can pull them out it would be awesome.

I can see replacing the seat behind the driver with shelving.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

1678221210330.png
Do I sorta kinda slightly barely see a sub box under that down positioned seat?!

Fugue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR FSD, camper van, CT3 FSD preordered
Occupation
Tech Industry Grunt
Country flag
Don’t care a ton about midgate, but pulling the seats out is big on my list. Just having the fold up hover seats is nice. If I can pull them out it would be awesome.

If the rear seats and the passenger seat are removable, it would make a great micro camper.

And if the driver's seat can be made to swivel, it could be a mobile office. Lots of options.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I guess I'll take this one.

Who gives a Rat's Ass about pretty wheel covers and pass-throughs? I would like to know if the Cybertruck's rear wheels turn for easier parking and turning ability?
People who want to camp in their truck? People who want to put long things in vault without leaving open (weather)

I would like to know if the Cybertruck's rear wheels turn for easier parking and turning ability? And what about that giant windshield washer? Why not simply put two reasonably sized windshield washers?
When it comes to window wipers, I can live with copying every other car and truck on the market today because if the system works why fix it?
The system of non-rear wheel steering works. Why fix it?
The BAW has it's reasons, aerodynamics is one. the hood is flush and the horizontal wipers would eat my all important range. Washers are likely in the actual wiper like model Y.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
And what about that giant windshield washer? Why not simply put two reasonably sized windshield washers?
People have tried plotting out how smaller wipers would work on the Cybertruck. None of the wiper-routes they’ve shown that are supposed to be better manage to clean the camera lense for FSD/ Autopilot.

Personally, I think the window angle on the truck will make the wiper much less necessary. Wind will push the raindrops right off the window. A gallon of RainX every year to cover that massive surface and you’ll probably never wipe again.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

There you go again, giving Telsa 'IDEAS'.
You just can't help your shelf. :)

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Should be easy enough to remove the seats.
Sponsored