cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Sandy munro test drove a CT with autopilot he mentioned in his 2nd interview with musk.
i think you're missunderstanding that part of the discussion

Munro is broadly lauding Tesla (gluck, gluck, gluck) for it's ability to get things done where others cant, and he mentions self-driving as an example, and then he says he's driven with self-driving

I can guarantee you that the unit Sandy drove did not have self-driving / AP
Sponsored

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Also take note of the verbiage that deliveries have started in California and Texas. I believe this may be more than stating a fact of happenstance, and instead be further signal that the earliest Cybertruck deliveries will be to owners that are close to Fremont/GFTX, in order to allow Tesla to quickly address any issues that may come up with the truck.

And when I say issues, that means at least two buckets. The obvious one is a particular customer's truck has an issue that needs to be fixed. The less obvious one is that they realize a build-wide issue that needs to be rectified in all the units produced prior to that date.

Either way, there are not many people who know how to deal with these trucks yet, and the ones that exist are in Fremont and Austin.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Just as an FYI, it looks like the person posting this on X works for Tesla per LinkedIn. So this is an employee.
YEs, and in CA in particular per immediately above post RE where Foundations appear to be headed, at least so far

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Sigh, why do people mis-spell it as 't-e-x-a-s' when its actually spelled 't-e-n-n-e-s-s-e-e'

FYI Free half-handle of jack daniels Elon if you deliver to me first - I know you're out there reading the smut we all write 😜

Love you

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
discounts!? :ROFLMAO:

from my other thread, as an example in the scenario of a specific state's tax regime, etc. - YMMV

GM and Nissan i personally know give great buy and lease discounts to their employees. By your reply im guessing Tesla doesn't?

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
GM also has a friends and family discount where if you know an employee, that person can give you a # that the dealer plugs in at POS. i got 10% knocked off the price of my corvette that way and i didn't even know the person. He had the # posted on a forum to help others.

Having said that, with demand for CT, tesla may exclude it from any discount as Nissan also does not offer employee discounts on the GTR

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
For those asking what the Order Fee is, its probably just the non-refundable down payment you make at time of order. In 2018 this line item was called Order Payment and was in the amount of $2500 for non-employees. The only thing shocking about it is that it is $250, which is really low for a non-refundable deposit.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
GM and Nissan i personally know give great buy and lease discounts to their employees. By your reply im guessing Tesla doesn't?
FWIW I believe employees get FSD free as a "discount".
GM also has a friends and family discount where if you know an employee, that person can give you a # that the dealer plugs in at POS. i got 10% knocked off the price of my corvette that way and i didn't even know the person. He had the # posted on a forum to help others.

Having said that, with demand for CT, tesla may exclude it from any discount as Nissan also does not offer employee discounts on the GTR

Can't speak to whether Tesla employees broadly get vehicle or FSD discounts, as do other OEM employees - but I also imagine they do.

However, like other OEM employees, those discounts typically don't apply to certain 'halo' or limited production vehicles. Or at least, they're modified heavily downward.

So just like a standard Ford employee isn't getting much or any angle on a Raptor R, I doubt few if any standard Tesla employees are being extended deals on the Foundation units.

I mean, the guy from twitter posting his email in this thread is a CA Tesla (Fremont I believe?) employee

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Sigh, why do people mis-spell it as 't-e-x-a-s' when its actually spelled 't-e-n-n-e-s-s-e-e'
"All my ex's live in Texas.... and that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee!"

Sevoflurane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Toyota Sienna, Tri motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Gas Man
Country flag
Deliveries starting in California and Texas, I have a second home in Texas. Maybe I should change my Tesla account address to that one? Possible earlier delivery? I have a day one reservation.

Hello4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ton
Country flag
The Foundation series invites are likely separate from the normal reservations we all have.

Tesla is only going to send these to select people that they have on a special list. They will probably only be inviting major investors, employees, early Tesla customers, influencers, previous Founders series owners, and other special cases would be my assumption.

I would be shocked if anyone outside of a special curated list is invited to order a Foundation series.
Seems like they would have to be an early reservation holder as well. Screenshots shows minus $100 for early reservation.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Just checked my email.

Nothing from Tesla, but there are 3 young women in Estonia that REALLY want to meet me, and I have an undelivered package that requires me to "click on this link".... :cool:
Sponsored