Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received!

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Just received my new "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" accessory from Tesla. Looks good 👍 and will keep my stuff secure and prevent sliding around. Will install this weekend.
Tesla Cybertruck Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received! 20240503_143236
Tesla Cybertruck Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received! 20240503_143256

Installing the "Front Trunk L-Track and Cargo Net" is a simple 10 minute job. You will need a flat-head screw driver and a 10mm socket wrench.
Tesla Cybertruck Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received! 20240505_164605

First, pry up the plastic covers covering the mounting bolts inside the frunk. These covers are extremely easy to pop out and if your finger nails are long enough, you probably don't even need a flat-head to pop it up.

Tesla Cybertruck Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received! 20240505_164613

Once you have the cover off the two 10mm bolts are cleared to install the "L-Track" frame.

Tesla Cybertruck Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received! 20240505_165019

Remove the bolts from beneath the frunk covers using your 10mm socket.

Tesla Cybertruck Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received! 20240505_165135

Replace the plastic covers with the aluminum "L-Track" mounting system. The mounts are "left/right" specific, so, be sure to match the correct side "L-Track" mount to the frunk.

Tesla Cybertruck Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received! 20240505_170557

After bolting in your "L-Track" mounting brackets attach the "Cargo net" by pushing in the plungers and snapping in. Be sure your plungers are turned vertically so that the mounting plate secures to the track. The Cargo Net itself is very stretch and durable. High quality as you would expect for $80 with the CyberTruck logo on the front.

Tesla Cybertruck Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received! 20240505_170603

With my new Cargo Net installed I question Tesla's commitment to CyberCool as the bolts are now uncovered giving the Frunk an "unfinished" appearance. Come on Tesla? A super great design with high quality materials and you go cheap on some plastic bolt covers? My OCD is gonna demand some kind of remedy and definitely a complaint to Tesla regarding this aesthetic faux pas.

So, is it worth $80? Yes! High quality CyberTruck accessory that will secure my gym bag, groceries, and other items in the frunk. Plus, it looks bad ass. Just don't stare too long at those shiny bolt heads staring back at you!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Looks good. Would you mind posting some pictures after the installation?
Definitely. Will install tomorrow and update with photos of installation.

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Updated "L-Track and Cargo Net System" review completed.
Tesla Cybertruck Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received! 20240505_170557

Troye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I too completed mine this weekend. I have an ElecFresh frunk liner. It was simple to cut out the 2nd indent on each side with a utility knife. (easier to cut from bottom side). The liner hides those silver bolts too.

Tesla Cybertruck Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received! 20240505_101533_resized

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag
Just received my new "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" accessory from Tesla. Looks good 👍 and will keep my stuff secure and prevent sliding around. Will install this weekend.
20240503_143236.jpg
20240503_143256.jpg

Installing the "Front Trunk L-Track and Cargo Net" is a simple 10 minute job. You will need a flat-head screw driver and a 10mm socket wrench.
20240505_164605.jpg

First, pry up the plastic covers covering the mounting bolts inside the frunk. These covers are extremely easy to pop out and if your finger nails are long enough, you probably don't even need a flat-head to pop it up.

20240505_164613.jpg

Once you have the cover off the two 10mm bolts are cleared to install the "L-Track" frame.

20240505_165019.jpg

Remove the bolts from beneath the frunk covers using your 10mm socket.

20240505_165135.jpg

Replace the plastic covers with the aluminum "L-Track" mounting system. The mounts are "left/right" specific, so, be sure to match the correct side "L-Track" mount to the frunk.

20240505_170557.jpg

After bolting in your "L-Track" mounting brackets attach the "Cargo net" by pushing in the plungers and snapping in. Be sure your plungers are turned vertically so that the mounting plate secures to the track. The Cargo Net itself is very stretch and durable. High quality as you would expect for $80 with the CyberTruck logo on the front.

20240505_170603.jpg

With my new Cargo Net installed I question Tesla's commitment to CyberCool as the bolts are now uncovered giving the Frunk an "unfinished" appearance. Come on Tesla? A super great design with high quality materials and you go cheap on some plastic bolt covers? My OCD is gonna demand some kind of remedy and definitely a complaint to Tesla regarding this aesthetic faux pas.

So, is it worth $80? Yes! High quality CyberTruck accessory that will secure my gym bag, groceries, and other items in the frunk. Plus, it looks bad ass. Just don't stare too long at those shiny bolt heads staring back at you!
Tesla Cybertruck Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received! IMG_1202
Tesla Cybertruck Frunk "Front Trunk L-Track + Cargo Net" Accessory Received! IMG_1201

mine too! Now all I’m missing is an actual cybertruck!! 🤣

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
Can someone 3D print us some bolt covers?!
I'll measure for this on Monday. I've had mine installed for a while now, but don't have access to a 3D printer until next week.

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
IMG_1202.jpeg
IMG_1201.jpeg

mine too! Now all I’m missing is an actual cybertruck!! 🤣
It will be here soon!! The Beast!! (like that knife. Benchmade?)
I'll measure for this on Monday. I've had mine installed for a while now, but don't have access to a 3D printer until next week.
Look forward to seeing your fabrication.

Cyber_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Can't wait for the STL! Waiting on the hook thread OP to approve my access for those.

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag
Honestly, I’m shocked. They didn’t provide black bolts. I might have to take the factory bolts to Ace bolt and screw and get black replacements.
Sponsored