Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Does anyone know what the expected final price of the FSD will be when 100%?
Sponsored

Cyber Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler & CyberTruck (on order)
Occupation
retired
Country flag
OK, I ordered Full Self Driving FSD. The cost has increased several times since my order. Will my (our) cost be "locked in" to cost at order or we pay current cost when truck is delivered? Sorry is this question had been answered in the past.
Larry

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
OK, I ordered Full Self Driving FSD. The cost has increased several times since my order. Will my (our) cost be "locked in" to cost at order or we pay current cost when truck is delivered? Sorry is this question had been answered in the past.
Larry
FSD price is locked in at time of reservation (or adding to reservation). If you're worried, make sure you have your email confirmation that shows FSD is on there with the date and time the email was received for proof.

The VEHICLE price is NOT locked in, as it's subject to change at any time. That's understandable for any manufacturer, but keep in mind Tesla doesn't typically change by more than a few grand based on Tesla's past launches.

Essentially, I don't believe you have anything to worry about. They will have similar prices to what you agreed to today, and if the prices go up you're very likely getting more than you bargained for (longer actual range than announced, better options, etc).

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Only the options can change price, but the total will vary from advertised.

-Crissa
The options (other than FSD because it was clearly marked to lock in the price from changing as we know) are subject to change price too, of course. But the vehicle base prices for each trim could also vary because right now it's an estimated price. The one number Tesla could control before launch is the FSD price, the other numbers are subject to a lot of variables between now and then ?

Essentially, everyone just needs to be aware that like any other car, reserving prerelease vehicles means they should expect things to vary between what we were told and what we are given.

Sometimes those variances are good (more range than expected, better towing, price, etc), sometimes they're not (M3 was expected to have air suspension, came with struts instead, price was expected to be lower, etc). The beauty is by the time you can actually fulfill your preorder, you'll know the real numbers.

Essentially, everyone needs to stop freaking out about FSD pricing changing if they locked it in, and start realizing that the numbers will likely vary by a few grand elsewhere anyway so they're not surprised come order time.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
There are other threads about this same topic. Bottom line: if you really reserved FSD at price X, then Tesla will sell it for you at that price. You should have received an email when you reserved your Cybertruck. That will have your details.
Should have received and received are two different things. All I have is a reservation number. No details. For me, FSD is truly a lifesaving issue. I need it.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
The options (other than FSD because it was clearly marked to lock in the price from changing as we know) are subject to change price too, of course. But the vehicle base prices for each trim could also vary because right now it's an estimated price. The one number Tesla could control before launch is the FSD price, the other numbers are subject to a lot of variables between now and then ?

Essentially, everyone just needs to be aware that like any other car, reserving prerelease vehicles means they should expect things to vary between what we were told and what we are given.

Sometimes those variances are good (more range than expected, better towing, price, etc), sometimes they're not (M3 was expected to have air suspension, came with struts instead, price was expected to be lower, etc). The beauty is by the time you can actually fulfill your preorder, you'll know the real numbers.

Essentially, everyone needs to stop freaking out about FSD pricing changing if they locked it in, and start realizing that the numbers will likely vary by a few grand elsewhere anyway so they're not surprised come order time.
So does that mean that if we are budgeting for "x" number of dollars based on what we were told, that when performance day rolls around we could potentially be priced out of our CT? I have some fudge factor, but not an unlimited amount as a retiree. I doubt my 1993 Dodge Ram pickup is going to garner much trade-in! What a huge let down that would be! I never received a contract in an email. Just a reservation number. Someone else posted here that if we ordered the FSD at $7k that Tesla would honor it, so I am thoroughly confused and with just a tad amount of fear and trepidation. I remember clear back to my 2 year old days of temper tantrums, so watch out!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla can't control the price of most fees and taxes. But the options you may want might price it above your target.

Tesla will eventually try to meet the price you want - they did sell them at the price point to reservation holders for the S and 3 and X, but they canceled a version of the Y. They didn't allow new buyers to reserve the 3 and Y at the same price the reservation holders did as they changed the prices around.

So it's unlikely, unless they cancel the single-motor version, or you want an option that you'd hoped would be standard isn't...

-Crissa

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
So does that mean that if we are budgeting for "x" number of dollars based on what we were told, that when performance day rolls around we could potentially be priced out of our CT? I have some fudge factor, but not an unlimited amount as a retiree. I doubt my 1993 Dodge Ram pickup is going to garner much trade-in! What a huge let down that would be! I never received a contract in an email. Just a reservation number. Someone else posted here that if we ordered the FSD at $7k that Tesla would honor it, so I am thoroughly confused and with just a tad amount of fear and trepidation. I remember clear back to my 2 year old days of temper tantrums, so watch out!
I think you are getting confused by my post. I was saying in short, your FSD price is locked in - don't worry. However, just like anything that hasn't come to market yet, the vehicle base price, trims, and other upgrades are subject to change price.

However, have no fear because Tesla has been very good at staying within a couple grand of their initial price announcements. So just be prepared to have $2k wiggle room just in case, but you likely will not need it ?

Also, I sure hope you're accounting for taxes, registration fees, DELIVERY FEE ($1500), etc already. You can get an idea what those fees would look like by pretending to go through the checkout process for a Model 3 or Y. One of the last pages before it asks for card info shows you an estimated breakdown of fees ?
Sponsored