Deleted member 12457

I realize that, but this particular one in the pic I'm referring to is bolted to the roof (bolted, glued, screwed, tattooed, whatever, but its connected to the roof.
At this point, the only thing attached to a CT that might be real is the tent shown in the initial CT announcement. Everything else is artist's renderings (AFAIK).

The CT is different in that the body is the structure but even so, I'm sure Tesla designers will be adding something underneath the body skin wherever they will be providing attachment points. It's the same as on my Tacoma. They have factory attachment points that are accessible from the roof by removing the rubber rain gutter. These threaded nuts(?) go through the rood skin and into the cab framing. I presume Tesla will do the same thing.

Does this mean I'm attaching my rack to the roof? Yes, if you include the roof skin at the point when the nut attaches to the frame. It's a multilayer construction. Anyway, I see it as attaching to the roof as a general way of describing where they are. The roof skin is simply part of the frame structure at that point.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I realize that, but this particular one in the pic I'm referring to is bolted to the roof (bolted, glued, screwed, tattooed, whatever, but its connected to the roof.
You just gotta look a little closer.

Tesla Cybertruck Full Length Roof-Bed Cargo Rack Concept Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 4.29.39 PM

There is a seam there where the sheet metal of the roof joins the frame. Most visible just above the rear window.

Deleted member 12457

You just gotta look a little closer.

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 4.29.39 PM.png

There is a seam there where the sheet metal of the roof joins the frame. Most visible just above the rear window.
Oh, I thought you were talking about the CT not my Tacoma. From Prinsu:

The rack consists of 2 laser cut side rails constructed of 3/16″ 5052 aluminum plate. These rails have 3 mounting tabs each that will allow you to bolt the rack into the 5 factory mounting holes on each side of the roof.

Prinsu calls it the roof but when you look at the rain gutters, the roof panel is bent and welded to the frame, therefore the roof rack is actually attached to the steel cab frame. I'm not going to argue one way or another on this, but I do know how I installed this roof rack. You can say it's attached to the roof if you want to but I see it being attached through the roof.
Tesla Cybertruck Full Length Roof-Bed Cargo Rack Concept Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 4.39.08 PM
Tesla Cybertruck Full Length Roof-Bed Cargo Rack Concept IMG_6700

Photo shows the leading edge of the rain gutter, which is normally covered by a rubberized strip. That strip is removed, holes drilled where the bolts go, then reattached. Second photo shows how the bolts go through the mounting tabs. The rack is lifted a bit using metal tubular spacers. See prinsu.com for information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
F-150 is popular among the construction industry because of the pipe rack. Just as Honda is popular among the young adults because of the availability of aftermarket accessories available for them to personalize their vehicle. Cyber truck will have to have third market accessories available to garner our interest so that we can spice up our vehicle.
Sponsored