Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Then there's the fact that Cybertruck's design just doesn't lend itself very well for that market either as the bed sails can get in the way of gooseneck/5th wheel trailers and it can't be sold as a chassis cab due to the unibody-exoskeleton construction.
No one knows this, since no one has a Cybertruck yet. Anyone who says they do is guessing based upon insufficient information.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
...if you get to your jobsite there is no guarantee that there is a charger readily available with the capability to charge it in a timely manner. There are, however, plenty of gas stations strewn across the US...
I was a plumber's helper in college, we were among the first trades to start on every jobsite. A temporary electric meter was erected before we showed up almost every time. 200 amps is more than enough to charge a pickup or two with spare power for mortar mixers, table saws and battery chargers. Not every truck is towing an excavator.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I highly doubt that the CT will convert "traditional" 3/4 ton truck buyers. Most likely it will be the same group of people buying hummer EVs, rivians, and even lightnings. Towing horse trailers and construction equipment are huge energy draining tasks, both of which can be time sensitive depending on the job. People hauling these things long distances dont have the time to sit and let this thing charge 3-4 times in a single trip. Also, if you get to your jobsite there is no guarantee that there is a charger readily available with the capability to charge it in a timely manner. There are, however, plenty of gas stations strewn across the US...

As a 1/4ton truck owner (who doesnt tow/haul but once a year) I love the cybertruck, would probably buy one if the price and specs are right, but I dont see the 3/4 ton truck market shifting to EV until the charging situation is completely up to speed with ICE refueling stations.

most truck owners never tow so that argument is for the minority. I've never been to a jobsite that had a gas station but every one had electricity.
Sponsored