CHC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Model X
Country flag
That terrible panel alignment looks even worse with the light bar on 😂. Also it is likely that the CT is under 80 in wide after the revised design, precluding the 3 marker lights
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Cut copied & pasted from Petersen video - no cyclops brake light in operation on this version

0A1D4914-56B7-481A-8C14-2B8E82A105A9.jpeg
That's why ops post is good news

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
That terrible panel alignment looks even worse with the light bar on 😂. Also it is likely that the CT is under 80 in wide after the revised design, precluding the 3 marker lights
Hopefully that alignment issue is just prototype problems that will be fixed before production. They could have made it easier by not continuing the bar into the taillights and having them be solid squares.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Of all the functions to fret over it supposedly being missing, the middle brake light was one of the strangest. It was already present on at least 1 of the 2 trucks at CyberRodeo.

Per FMVSS does this count as the 3rd brake light (CHMSL)? I thought that was supposed to be mounted much higher. My guess is if this is not the CHMSL, it'll be located on the rearward bottom of the second row glass roof.

P.S. To me this is the nicest version of CT we've seen so far. The tire size is just right (315s vs. the current narrower ones) and it had the driver's display.
In this video, CYBERTRUCK is a friggin' piece of 'modern jewellery' and l'm gonna wear it out, even if it takes a boody lifetime.

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
Of all the functions to fret over it supposedly being missing, the middle brake light was one of the strangest. It was already present on at least 1 of the 2 trucks at CyberRodeo.

Per FMVSS does this count as the 3rd brake light (CHMSL)? I thought that was supposed to be mounted much higher. My guess is if this is not the CHMSL, it'll be located on the rearward bottom of the second row glass roof.

P.S. To me this is the nicest version of CT we've seen so far. The tire size is just right (315s vs. the current narrower ones) and it had the driver's display.
Curious,in what frame do you see the drivers display?

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
Well Mr negativity ... these are Alpha prototypes. Also, it took a considerable amount of time to reach an agreed upon unit of measure ( 🐓 ). Please respect that in future posts.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Curious,in what frame do you see the drivers display?
It's not in this video but when it rolls up on stage with Franz and Elon, you can see it.

Zoom into the photo and you'll see the driver's display.
Tesla Cybertruck Brake Light Bar on Cybertruck Prototype! [7/2/23 Photos] + Good Look Against Model Y Size 20220407_233217

Here is the same truck a few days / weeks later at a Tesla energy storage event, showing a better view of the interior:
Tesla Cybertruck Brake Light Bar on Cybertruck Prototype! [7/2/23 Photos] + Good Look Against Model Y Size 1688397394068

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Rear brake light bar visible on this prototype spotted in Fremont!

Cybertruck rear brake lights LED bar.jpeg

Cybertruck brake light bar LED.jpeg

Cybertruck rear brake lights vs model y size comparison.jpeg

rear brake light bar cybertruck.jpeg

F0ElI0maYAIn8VM.jpeg
Hm… somehow I envisioned it as being thicker. You know, like the same thickness as the DRL bar in the front. Better than not having a rear brake light bar at all, I suppose. Kind of reminds me of a neon light, which tracks with the cyberpunk aesthetic.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Hopefully that alignment issue is just prototype problems that will be fixed before production. They could have made it easier by not continuing the bar into the taillights and having them be solid squares.
See that prototype has thicker brake lights. I was assuming the rear brake light bar would be of a similar thickness, not a skinny line.

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
Sadly I don't think the rear brake lights are set yet... the newer prototypes i have been looking at do NOT have a center brake light.. i have only seen ONE image with the center brake light and that was on that light bar in the middle.. but that hasn't been lighting up in the new ones.. so we shall see where it goes.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
oh yes, in that video I’ve seen the brake light - but that’s one of the earlier prototypes, and in fact I think this very video may be the last time we’ve seen the tailgate bar and brake light

that’s exactly the question - how the CT stays compliant if someone is driving with the tailgate down. Because I’m not sure it needs to be on a fixed surface (see eg brake lights on SUV rear hatches) so much as be reasonable somehow

with an SUV, people sort of rarely drive with the hatch up

pickups are another matter, tailgate-wisw
The prototype answered this question years ago. There will be a visible section of lighting at the corners when the tailgate is down.

Tesla Cybertruck Brake Light Bar on Cybertruck Prototype! [7/2/23 Photos] + Good Look Against Model Y Size D0BAA428-156A-4153-90AE-146F6BFDA60A
Sponsored