Full size spare should fit on top of the range extender in the vault

sylvius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast FS ordered
Country flag
I hope so because I’m hoping it will be possible to build a shelf or mount where the tent would go and have a spare sitting there. It might be tight but I really hope it could work. Otherwise having a spare sitting in the bed would be a huge pain and one on a hitch mount would probably cost a ton in aero penalty. I’d still gladly have given up the under bed storage in exchange for a spare.

OP
OP

ericbigguy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FullFatRR
Country flag
maybe if the tire followed the angle of the vault?

Cold.Truth

First Name
Big A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 1987 Carerra, 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Occupation
I.T. Project Management
Country flag
Can't one use ratchet straps and the tie-downs on the bed floor to secure the spare tire?

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Dumb thread. And I'm glad Tesla didn't pull a Rivian and hide an old-school spare under the cargo area. Have you seen how shallow that makes the R1T truck bed? I could fill up the bed of the R1T with the cargo I regularly fit in my Model 3! Gummy worms are easier to use than a 100+ lbs. truck tire anyway.

Nexus6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Chevy Colorado Bison, Chevy Suburban 2500
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Check out the stuff over at Unplugged Performance. I’m going to be getting a lot of my Offroad/Overlanding gear from them.
They said it’s modular and can be built around the Range Extender. You could probably configure it to slide a spare tire under there, basically keeping the full utility of the bed with a small amount of storage under the stock tonneau. https://unpluggedperformance.com/product/tesla-cybertruck-invincible-bed-
Tesla Cybertruck Full size spare should fit on top of the range extender in the vault IMG_8707
storage-slider-system/ View attachment 37452 View attachment 37453

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Nexus6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Unplugged Performance also has a Rear Bumper Spare Tire Carrier that also boasts a higher departure angle and skid plate over stock.
Tesla Cybertruck Full size spare should fit on top of the range extender in the vault IMG_8711

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Unplugged Performance also has a Rear Bumper Spare Tire Carrier that also boasts a higher departure angle and skid plate over stock.
IMG_8711.jpeg
I'm sorry, but a spare tire kit can never boast a higher departure angle than no spare tire. If anyting, a spare tire reduces the capability of the Cybertruck.

Nexus6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
HaulingAss-
Not sure what UP’s measurements are for the departure angle at the tire but this is their specs for the bumper( shown without the optional Spare Tire Carrier Swing out).
If it’s anything like the spare tire carrier I fabricated for my Suburban 2500. I always scrape the hitch before coming close to rubbing the tires.
Perhaps you’re thinking of a Hitch Mounted Spare Tire Carrier? In those designs, yes they would decrease your departure angle. UP’s design is an entire bumper not a Hitch Mounted Carrier. Look closer at the picture above. The hinges are on the bumper. The spare tire carrier isn’t using the 2” Receiver.
Tesla Cybertruck Full size spare should fit on top of the range extender in the vault IMG_8712

Last edited: