Sarathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I love my S, but I can't see keeping the S once I get my CyberTruck. The cost of registration and insurance for the S is far more than the additional cost of electricity for daily driving the truck.
I believe am not left alone here

also I live in apartment in Canada, I can rely only on public chargers, thankfully I got handful near my home.

can I survive? Is it like jumping too early. Whatever it is, I decided to buy CT dual motors on any cost. But just getting to know it’s audiences
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag

also I live in apartment in Canada, I can rely only on public chargers, thankfully I got handful near my home.

can I survive? Is it like jumping too early. Whatever it is, I decided to buy CT dual motors on any cost. But just getting to know it’s audiences
You will survive and once adjusted you will never go back.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I agree. Putting up the factory shell is a pretty quick process. It’s all of the mechanicals (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.), programming and calibrating assembly line robots, installing production equipment, etc. that takes time to complete.

I love how Tesla has named the robots after comic book character like Xavier, Wolverine, Iceman, Thunderbird and Cyclops, etc.

Tesla Cybertruck Giga Austin to start production of Cybertruck in Q3? BD4265A0-3A20-4201-B729-DDE6BCA5D841

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
Q3!!!!!! But what year??????????

I predict a Q1 2022 start and would make my own video but i'd get no clicks.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Seems like if you don’t have a power source out to the truck solar becomes a lot more interesting.

I’ve seen some pretty crazy extension cord runs to run EV power as well.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Yesterdays earnings call confirmed my suspicions that CT manufacturing will not be happening this year.

Typically a manufacturer goes through the following phases before production can start;

-POC ( proof of concept)
-Alpha
-Beta
-Pilot

Tesla leadership confirmed that Cybertruck is currently in the Alpha stage. They said by the end of this they SHOULD be in Beta. That means Pilot production will not start until sometime in 2022 at the earliest.

Tesla also confirmed 4680 battery production struggles involving the cathode side of the battery. They actually ordered a massive amount of 4680 production equipment that will have to be modified once it arrives due to this issue. Yes, another delay.

Tesla also mentioned shortages from airbag suppliers and computer chips.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla leadership confirmed that Cybertruck is currently in the Alpha stage. They said by the end of this they SHOULD be in Beta.
They said they were moving into Beta. I would take that to mean they have completed Alpha and are building the things to build the Betas.

-Crissa

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
So I am at a loss.
Whom should I believe - Joe Tegtmeyer or Elon Musk?
Both sound so confident :rolleyes:

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
When can I expect a dual motors to be delivered in Canada? I dont have past experience with Tesla. How many months apart between US and Canada deliveries?
On delivery, we don't know when, where, and what. Sorry.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
When can I expect a dual motors to be delivered in Canada? I dont have past experience with Tesla. How many months apart between US and Canada deliveries?
Nobody knows.
Sponsored