DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
"Yes, in addition to the amazing new Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and other gas-powered variants coming, we will offer an electrified and a fully electric, Ultium-based Corvette in the future. In fact, we will offer an electrified Corvette as early as next year."

My battery operated toothbrush is electrified. Get back to us when aren't using LinkedIn to make announcements and you have a products to at least leak bad photos of testing.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
This isn't new, it was said or reported that the new mid-engine Vette was designed to accommodate an e-drive in the future. And Joe Biden said he saw it before he was elected Prez, during a tour of the factory.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Electric corvette should be renamed as frigate or destroyer. Stop muddying iconic names. Maybe name E-vette. And Ford, drop the mustang name. Too many doors.

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Prototypes are easy ... manufacturing at production level is incredibly hard.

Who said that? :unsure:

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
electric corvette would be awesome indeed! GM will start to build them as soon as they build a couple more Bolts and Hummers.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I would just like to see from the ground up an actual vehicle developed by GM or even Ford where it’s a whole new concept. I just do not understand how the future entails going off the same O same O old design from these car manufacturers. Like NO VISION IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. Ford had a chance, and GM and yet they go with the same crap. Just electric. No sense. It’s like these companies are afraid to dream. Leave Corvette alone. Leave hummer alone. Leave Silverado alone. I mean damn. They can’t even come up with a unique name . They don’t HEAR THEIR CUSTOMERS. Like brain dead. Man we’re we all just being screwed all these years with greedy ass no vision thinking groups. It’s very apparent that none of these manufacturers are allowed to dream and think outside the box. Does this remind anyone of any particular countries? Very sad for all of us. They lost their way and America was not built on standing idle it’s always been forward thinking. Crazy how they missed it. And I mean (Missed it) how they got their wires all crossed we’ll never know. No pun intended. Lol
Henry Ford is rolling In his grave I’m sure. shouting “ I did not build FORD without vision” Open your eyes and a new sketch book.

not trying to anger anyone. Just venting my thoughts.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I would just like to see from the ground up an actual vehicle developed by GM or even Ford where it’s a whole new concept. I just do not understand how the future entails going off the same O same O old design from these car manufacturers. Like NO VISION IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. Ford had a chance, and GM and yet they go with the same crap. Just electric. No sense. It’s like these companies are afraid to dream. Leave Corvette alone. Leave hummer alone. Leave Silverado alone. I mean damn. They can’t even come up with a unique name . They don’t HEAR THEIR CUSTOMERS. Like brain dead. Man we’re we all just being screwed all these years with greedy ass no vision thinking groups. It’s very apparent that none of these manufacturers are allowed to dream and think outside the box. Does this remind anyone of any particular countries? Very sad for all of us. They lost their way and America was not built on standing idle it’s always been forward thinking. Crazy how they missed it. And I mean (Missed it) how they got their wires all crossed we’ll never know. No pun intended. Lol
Henry Ford is rolling In his grave I’m sure. shouting “ I did not build FORD without vision” Open your eyes and a new sketch book.

The focus of capitalisms is not to dream but to profit. The safe way to profit is to produce what is already being produced. The way to increase profit has been to make a cheaper product and still charge a premium for it. Short sighted quarterly profits do not yield long tern development and vision. The cycle of companies that dream up a product and then produce it then get replaced or reinvigorate with new ideas or move on, is not the model anymore. Just keep making and remaking a product with minor changes to keep patent and distribution rights.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

To some extent I agree. Particularly in the truck market where truck designs are so stale.

That said, there is also a lot of change happening out there which is happening for the sake of change. Why does the current F150 look different from the one 5 years ago? Because new buyers want a truck that looks different than the one they are selling to buy it.

The Cybertruck is different not because they want it to stand out, but because they tossed out the playbook and built it to be more affordable to build and more aerodynamic.

Tesla has little risk punting a new design, their sales are zero right now and they are pre selling the truck. By the time they burn through the preorders they will have made their profit and if it’s a flop can move on. Ford and GM have different constraints.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
Hadn’t though about this, but maybe this will be the return of the 4 door Corvette!

1651162350123.jpeg
Porsche already makes something that looks similar, the Panamera:
1651531403110.jpeg

Comes in hybrid, which is sort of electric

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
Electric corvette should be renamed as frigate or destroyer. Stop muddying iconic names. Maybe name E-vette. And Ford, drop the mustang name. Too many doors.
And yet Tesla is reusing the Cybertruck name for the 2023 incarnation of that 2019 model. Does anyone still remember that one? They do look similar. Was the earlier model electric, too?
/s

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
And yet Tesla is reusing the Cybertruck name for the 2023 incarnation of that 2019 model. Does anyone still remember that one? They do look similar. Was the earlier model electric, too?
/s
I am not following the train of thought. Are you asking if the Cybertruck reveal vehicle is electric? Is incarnation referring to the reveal prototype?

What defines a model name? Shape? number of doors? propulsion? Performance? Manufacturer?

Both of these in the image are Ford Thunderbirds. Has the model held true to its brand?

04A55BFF-DED9-402C-BAE1-12B46C5174E4.jpeg
Sponsored