Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models Plaid, CyberTruck Foundation Series
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
provide an update. I need to travel for work next week so i called Tesla to see if they had an update. They advised it would be received on the 12th. said they will squeeze me in on the 13th as i leave that night.

So my timeline was ordered on December 8th. Vin assigned January 29th. Delivery scheduled for the 13th for Long Beach
Sponsored

LonelyCTfan

First Name
George aka "Katrina Georgina Wonder"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet CT Foundation Ordered
Occupation
Man of Many Hats
Country flag
So did you switch from Bend Oregon back to California? I just saw your original post, and I will drive there to pickup if I get it sooner.

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR, 2024 FSCT AWD on order
Country flag
Looks great, OP!!

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
This is very common. My vin was assigned 1/22 and I just got a call from the delivery center in Fresno yesterday night. I did text them Sunday and they said it was in transit and would be arriving this week.

These trucks are coming from Texas. So they need to travel by rail and then transported by truck. Throw in some bad weather and multiple inspection and this is how long they are taking. VIN to delivery is taking 2/3 weeks for California.
I was at the Fresno service center this afternoon and the guy told me VIN to delivery was taking 2 months because the stuff going on at the southern border. I was like so folks coming from Mexico are preventing trucks and trains from leaving Texas for California? He replied yes. 🤣 🤷🏾 If I didn’t know any better, because of this forum, I may have been bothered by the two month window instead of just understanding he didn’t know what he was talking about. He also said there is no was to track them on their way over. After that I just gave up. He won lol.

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, and Cybertruck
Country flag
I was at the Fresno service center this afternoon and the guy told me VIN to delivery was taking 2 months because the stuff going on at the southern border. I was like so folks coming from Mexico are preventing trucks and trains from leaving Texas for California? He replied yes. 🤣 🤷🏾 If I didn’t know any better, because of this forum, I may have been bothered by the two month window instead of just understanding he didn’t know what he was talking about. He also said there is no was to track them on their way over. After that I just gave up. He won lol.
Most people that work at Tesla are just as clueless as some of the people that post here. :p Actually I will take that back, they are more clueless than almost everyone here.

SDZach

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 , (future cyber truck, bronco …
Occupation
Music
Country flag
I think they are now just starting to take it more seriously. The call yesterday seemed to highlight these concerns. The call basically stated that we appreciate you, we want to keep you in the loop, and if you ever have questions please text us and we will get right back to you.
I just got my vin 2 days ago

who/how do you text?

Steve Graf

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1996 jeep Cherokee
Occupation
farmer
Country flag
im in the same boat. Had to add vehicle to insurance as well... Paying for insurance on a vehicle I don't have. This is not in line with other car companies that just require proof of insurance, not insurance already purchased. I am paying with certified check upon delivery. Not a dime before.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I just got my vin 2 days ago

who/how do you text?
Can you give us the details of your order ?

* first 5 of RN

* date you configured your truck

* date you got your VIN

* VIN Number range (6800, 4500, etc)

* Date you took delivery (if applicable)