How big do you WANT the Cybetruck to be?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
To give a more serious, partial, answer:

No one can really answer just yet, as the final bed specs haven’t been released or hands-on. Anything more than that is conjecture.

As for conjecture, some recent CT prototypes suggest the CT could end up having closer to a 6’ bed than your F350’s 6.5’ bed. If so, that alone is probably enough to nix two full-sized bikes in the back (since your setup requires the tailgate to close to clear the trailer/generator).

And, the CT bed could have wheel well humps that don’t provide the same bed width in the back corners that I assume you nuzzle those fronts tires/fenders into. Another pinch.

Another unknown is how the bulkhead of the CT’s bed is going to play with front tires/fenders. On all the prototypes, the bulkhead is Z-shaped, along the lines of the following (in red) and with an overhanging eave (in yellow):

Tesla Cybertruck How big do you WANT the Cybetruck to be? 6D4BBC4D-5670-4265-BB08-E57E04A9B2BD
Tesla Cybertruck How big do you WANT the Cybetruck to be? 71BD35F8-2012-428E-AA16-B160D24048D4

I’d hope that the rearmost face of the bulkhead (the top last stretch of the red above) is right about motorcycle wheel height, so that it plays nicely with front fenders of bikes, etc. but if it does, it means that the effective length of the bed will be that much shorter for bikes.

All the above may not be a problem for anyone who trusts the tailgate to support the back end of the bike, but makes it unlikely to close the CT tailgate with two full-sized bikes in back.

But all-in-all, the size and shape of the CT bed is shaping up to be unique, and will end up needing folks to try on for size.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I need to load 2 Harleys and tow a travel trailer. Possible with my F-350. Can a CT do that :oops::oops:???
No chance two average harleys fit in that bed with the tailgate up. Maybe sportster size but thats not really what asking about harleys indicates

Last edited:

Luftpilot

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-350, HD Nightrod Special, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Adventure nut
Country flag

No one can really answer just yet, as the final bed specs haven’t been released or hands-on. Anything more than that is conjecture.

As for conjecture, some recent CT prototypes suggest the CT could end up having closer to a 6’ bed than your F350’s 6.5’ bed. If so, that alone is probably enough to nix two full-sized bikes in the back (since your setup requires the tailgate to close to clear the trailer/generator).

And, the CT bed could have wheel well humps that don’t provide the same bed width in the back corners that I assume you nuzzle those fronts tires/fenders into. Another pinch.

Another unknown is how the bulkhead of the CT’s bed is going to play with front tires/fenders. On all the prototypes, the bulkhead is Z-shaped, along the lines of the following (in red) and with an overhanging eave (in yellow):

6D4BBC4D-5670-4265-BB08-E57E04A9B2BD.jpeg
71BD35F8-2012-428E-AA16-B160D24048D4.jpeg

I’d hope that the rearmost face of the bulkhead (the top last stretch of the red above) is right about motorcycle wheel height, so that it plays nicely with front fenders of bikes, etc. but if it does, it means that the effective length of the bed will be that much shorter for bikes.

All the above may not be a problem for anyone who trusts the tailgate to support the back end of the bike, but makes it unlikely to close the CT tailgate with two full-sized bikes in back.

But all-in-all, the size and shape of the CT bed is shaping up to be unique, and will end up needing folks to try on for size.
Thanks for your thoughts. Curious to find out, if the tailgate is detachable. At least in that case, I will be able to fit one bike. We shall see...

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Since I won’t be buying gasoline to fuel the Cybertruck, I don’t care how large it is.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

6D4BBC4D-5670-4265-BB08-E57E04A9B2BD.jpeg
71BD35F8-2012-428E-AA16-B160D24048D4.jpeg

A Harley tends to have a higher rake, so the wheel in lock position might fit under the bulkhead tilt just fine.

But that's a really good coverage of the problem.

Thanks for your thoughts. Curious to find out, if the tailgate is detachable. At least in that case, I will be able to fit one bike. We shall see...
The tow points the Betas have had might indicate you could put a three point tongue on the truck and tow with the gate down. Someone's bound to come up with a solution.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
In 10 years or so kids will be like “Whoah you parked a gas burning car in your garage? Weren’t you worried about fires or dying of fumes? I heard people used those to commit suicide! It’s a wonder anyone in your generation survived.“
Imagine how these last 100 years will be remembered.

Dark ages... etc.

Perhaps the pollution age.