Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350
Occupation
Cyber EVP
Country flag
Given Quad Motor have taken over first production roll -out; how long are you willing to wait for your CyberTruck - I am at 6 years now given priority has shifted based upon Quad and Tri-Motor priorities. Will you be willing to wait 5 years or more or eventually will you shop elsewhere?
Sponsored

S.H.Peterson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
I have ne reservation about waiting up to 2 years ...literally I have no reservation

OP
OP

ranjames

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350
Occupation
Cyber EVP
Country flag
Let me clarify I don’t mean it’s been six years now but I originally ordered in March 2020 and right now according to the rollout list I will not receive my Tesla until April 2026. So my math says six years since my initial order.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Your math is materially off :p
If they got their reservation in spring 2021, it's now spring 2023, and they may be a million spots behind. Given four more years to make a million trucks (not completely unreasonable) they're looking at six years.

🤷🏼‍♀️

The one millionth Model 3 was built in 2020, four years from beginning production. (They hit two million the next year, so... Ramp!)

-Crissa

OP
OP

ranjames

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350
Occupation
Cyber EVP
Country flag
I doubt anyone with a reservation is actually 6 years out. I certainly would not have the patience.
Yeah, that’s exactly my point. I’m at the point where I might just say I’m not waiting another three years. But of course what do I have to lose it’s only $100 deposit. Even if I put that in a mutual fund it wouldn’t be more than $95 now. :)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, that’s exactly my point. I’m at the point where I might just say I’m not waiting another three years. But of course what do I have to lose it’s only $100 deposit. Even if I put that in a mutual fund it wouldn’t be more than $95 now. :)
The problem is, there's long line everywhere, unless you're willing to pay more.

So you might not have much of a choice but to wait.

-Crissa

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
If I actually thought my res was 6 years out from beginning I would've bought a lightning or rivian already for sure.

Then traded ofc

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
It's a balance. I'll wait until it makes sense to buy the 500+ mile variant.
My F150 has 136k miles on it now and it drives fine. So if the first CTs available are not capable of 500 miles, I'll wait. If the price of the 500+ CT is more then initially advertised when my reservation comes up, maybe I'll wait more. But if gas is $5/gal then maybe I won't wait.

Right now, I'm assuming my reservation that was made in the first 24hrs for a trimotor to be deliver to CO, will have me finalizing a purchase by next spring for the introductory price.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
My reservation is after OP and 2026 would be fine with me. In fact I would not want it earlier than 25. To be honest, I am not waiting for delivery. I am waiting for Specs/Price and owner reviews. one thing at a time.

It would be very interesting to see what charging landscape will be like in 26. Would anyone care to predict? How many gen 4 superchargers? How many pull through? and where? How many (%) of superchargers will be open to public? What will reliability and ratio of CCS to none Tesla EVs will be comparing to today. I am sure someone has a chart or a map of future charging congestion and pain points. In other words how a CT ownership in 26 compares to 23 CT ownership and how it compares to 26 Silverado and Ram ownership?
Sponsored

Last edited: